Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > One of the drawback of this marvellous site....    

One of the drawback of this marvellous site....

source
Turkey

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=6698

We are all TEACHERS! That is our life is teaching.. . No matter whom we are teaching to or where we are teaching!!! It can be to a class or individual , small group or at a special course... When I posted this message , I didn �t expect such biased comments. Of course there are some exceptional messages of my colleagues that put their view in a normal way(excepted!)...It was just a post that I wanted to share . The issue is nothing to do with this site .I wanted to say that everything is perfect. I share my ws with my colleagues all over the world and I can also get benefit from their perfect ws or powerpoints... But sometimes we can encounter coincidences and I mentioned about that.. But the issue was taken to who is superior private or class teachers? Ha! The one who has adequate knowledge and loves teaching and also capable of passing on this knowledge to his/her students is the best teacher.... Teaching at a school is not a measure of whether you are a good teacher or not!!!!

p.s. Being unbiased is one of the significant traits of a teacher!

11 Apr 2009      

eng789
Israel

Where are you quoting this from? 

p.s. Being unbiased is one of the significant traits of a teacher!

THE HOLY BOOK OF GOOD TEACHERS??????

There are good and bad PTs just the same way that there are good and bad regular teachers.  The problem is that -  it is the regular teacher who evaluates the pupil not the PT.

I �m realy not sure why you brought the topic up again.

11 Apr 2009     

source
Turkey

Please delete your second message, I think you got excited while you were sending your message , be calm ... You don �t have to agree.. But you mustn �t judge or be biased towards anyone....By the way �p.s � doesnt have to be a quotation....I �ll be happy if you dont continue �speaking � in this way

11 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I am absolutely calm but I don �t like to be called biased. 
If you want me to be honest, then there is a big difference between teaching 1 kid or a small group of kids privately to teaching a whole class of mixed ability kids.  We have much more responsibility - if our pupils aren �t succeeding we have to answer for it to our department heads, Homeroom teachers,   parents, principal and inspectors.   The only one a PT has to answer to is the parent who pays him.

AM I STILL BIASED????????????

11 Apr 2009     

source
Turkey

But the issue wasn �t that...But I guess you previously had some personal problems about that :) I �m sorry for that... I don �t take these BIASED comments on me as I have different levels of classes and also one to one lessons...Being a good teacher is related to having responsibility of answering for bla blas.. Is it??*.Anyway let �s stop discussing this issue...As my main point was something different...

11 Apr 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m not taking anybody �s side here but I do wonder why this topic is being brought back...

11 Apr 2009     

source
Turkey

dear manonski ,
As I wanted to answer the comments but the ones who made comments wouldn �t see it. Because the post was not on the main page

11 Apr 2009