Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > STOP REPORTING FLASHCARDS!    

STOP REPORTING FLASHCARDS!

gabitza
Romania

Thanks Vanda!
Gabitza

13 Apr 2009     

gilorit
Israel

I have to say I was totally shocked!
So many of you dear friends downloaded frames I once uploaded and even asked for more - and so I did.
It was long time ago before all this witch-hunt started.- and it was more than welcome by so many members (according to the points)
Now when I see my account - my points are lessened by the day. I think it is a bit childish and unfriendly to dig in the past and hunt people.
I must say I feel terrible. Stop it. Let us concentrare in the present and the future.
Orit

13 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

I agree, we need to stop turning this into a witch hunt. What we need to do is check the new stuff coming in for stolen stuff, blank worksheets, etc. Not punish members for things that were allowed in the past...

Nobody should be punished for such things. In fact, many worksheets that some people think are useless are obviously useful to others and we should respect that... OR have we forgotten how to respect each other here on the site??

Victor put in the new system to make things better, not so we could go trawling through the old stuff and dredging up old work that we don �t like because that �s all this is. People deliberately going through old work to find stuff that THEY think is not ESL material.

I mean, honestly... since when are flashcards not a ESL resource?????

13 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

I would like to know what saying goodnight and goodmorning have to do with ANYTHING related to a ESL site!

13 Apr 2009     

VeraM
Portugal

I think public reports should be forbidden in the forum. There is a proper place to report stolen worksheets and the forum is not it. Unfortunately, this subject has almost become the main topic in the forum on a daily basis. If there is something wrong with a specific worksheet, I think one should report it to Victor and leave it be. It �s his job to do (or not) something with it. And by the way, I use flashcards very often in my classes and many were taken from this website thanks to colleagues who uploaded them.

13 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

I agree with you VeraM- this seems to be a major "powerplay" that some people seem to enjoy. It is very childish and is like tattleing. It is always the same people doing it also. For some reason, I do not see much new work produced by these complainers.

It is a shame that some people have nothing better to do with their time. Maybe they should become police officers instead of teaches!

Many problems in the classroom often result from politics and parents. Here the problems are from the few teachers who act like the children they teach.

13 Apr 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I totally agree with Tbabalis.  Flashcards have always been very useful.  I mostly teach adults and I still use flashcards.

I am really disappointed to see adults squabbling like little children over stolen material.  A couple of years ago problems like this were very rare.  What �s happening?  Let �s grow-up and start acting like adults.  When I sign-in I like to see material related to teaching on the forum, but lately time and space have  been wasted on accusations.  There is a method for reporting stolen material.  Let �s start using it in the proper manner it is meant to be used.Smile

13 Apr 2009     

_babz
Canada

"why is everybody still discussing this topic then"

if it bores you so much, than why do you keep responding to these subjects (in such detail I might add).,..???

as for calling it a witch hunt - maybe you didn �t quite understand my initial post, so I �ll explain in terms you understand:

users should not.....and must not be allowed to report flash-cards, that have not been copied.....I was obviously not talking about single-page contributions!

it �s just pathetic that some people will go around reporting old contributions that are perfectly fine (again, I �m not talking about frames and mazes)

what we are seeing in the report page are ESL flashcards (which are allowed I might add) beeing deleted, for no reason!

13 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2