Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ..................................    

______
Germany

15 Apr 2009      

ELMO.
Spain

Totally agree with you ladybird. Imagine how I have felt when I saw some comments on my worksheet... Disapprove

15 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

I very much agree with you on this point Silke. In fact, I only leave a comment if I think it should not be downloaded. I think it �s unnecessary to explain my reasons since obviously most of the worksheets are there for a reason.

15 Apr 2009     

victor
Spain

I agree with you that I would feel sad if I read those comments in one of my worksheets.

I suggest some encouraging comments like these:

"It is very nice. Unfortunately, frames are not allowed in this website. But you could create a wonderful worksheet with this frame"

"Colouring pages are not allowed in this website. But you could transform it into an ESL resource writing some instructions in English"

Etc, etc, etc.

15 Apr 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

I agree with you dear Ladybird. There �s no need to be rude. As a matter of fact, you just read my mind. I was about to post something about it in the forum.

Cheers

15 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Ladybird,
thanks for bringing up this issue coz I was about to post it. You �re right. It �s important that we all here determine which ones shouldn �t be downloaded for a good reason, rather than saying " it �s rubbish, or useless, etc........." Such comments create a hostile environment; however, constructive comments encourage the users to consider more what to publish and how to create better worksheets.

Always be constructive!!!!!

Thanks Silke again.
Have a nice day,
Nebal

15 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

That is completely true!

Think about something else: When someone has 200 downloads and has only 20 "thanks" as comments how displeased you are with that.
Where are the other 180s???
It �s a minor complain I suppose but when someone works hard to share a nice and useful worksheet feels delighted when her/his coleaques show their gratitude!

So maybe some of those who use harsh vocabulary judging others are the same people who download without saying a simple "thanks". I know that all of us have little time but the difference is big (200 downloads and only 20 comments)

It �s easier for them to criticise bittelry than showing their gratitude.

However, I feel very pleased that my work is accepted from many people, especially for those who say so!

Thanks a lot dear international friends!!!WinkLOL

15 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree with you, Silke.

15 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good morning my dear silke, good morning to you all!

I couldn �t agree with you more. I really don �t understand the aim of those nasty comments. They can do no good to anyone. Besides, and I �m repeating myself, when people talk like that they lose their reason even though they might be right. So, what �s the point?

We are here to offer constructive criticism. That �s the only way we can help people improve their work. So why hurt and humiliate people? Why make personal attacks on them? It is so sad to see that kind of attitude among us.

Have a nice day.
mena

15 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

Well brought up Silke!

I �ve been writing coments like " please do not use emotive language like "useless" and "get rid of it".  There �s no need to be nasty.  Please be polite" etc. all day!

Now I seem to have a problem...or else the system �s working too slowly...

And I have a terrible headache!  I feel for Victor! What he must �ve gone through having to plough through hundreds of reported ws!!!  I seem to spend more time looking at reported ws than the ones I want to download!!!  Victor, you are truly a hero!!!

I also think people should carefully read ws descriptions before making accusations!!!

People are quick to pass judgement but too lazy to carefully check before doing so!!!

Also, it would be a good idea if links or references were posted when a ws is reported as stolen.

I think we need to practice caution before reporting.

Now, I �m going to download some much needed ws & forget about reported ones for a while!

Warm regards from overcast Thessaloniki (northern Greece)
Alexandra

15 Apr 2009     

mississauga
Canada

I had a nasty comment and I removed my contribution--and I haven �t contributed anything since then.  It is very discouraging.  Teachers are supposed to encourage, not to trash or BULLY others.  Thank you Ladybird for speaking up. 

15 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >