Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > please calm down    

please calm down

jamiejules
France

please calm down

I have been away for more than a week, with no access to the internet and to my surprise... when  I logged in tonight many members seem to be fuming and having arguments!
Now maybe I should write a guide to understanding and controlling frustration (for autistic and nonautistic alike!!)     ;)
c �mon guys!!!
we are teachers, we educate, we devote part of our lives to giving others a better chance in life, the ugly should not be part of all this surely!
have a good morning,day,evening...

15 Apr 2009      

Denis1234
United Kingdom

Hi Jamiejules. I have only joined this forum since this morning and �while I HAVE to admit that it is a wonderful site with �such a bountiful array of very useful material, I too am more than a little surprised by the tone of some of the messages that are being posted in public here. I do not think it is the norm after having read your post. Is there not another way to voice displeasure if one so wishes? � Maybe by using the private message facility? �It would cause less �embarrassment. I look forward to having many hours of pleasure here when I return from a year �s sabattical. At the moment I am driving across Europe with some colleagues. Taking in all the sights.Smile�Looking forward to getting back to base after a few months so that I can share some of my own material with the forum.

Donal.Thumbs Up
ps. �I noticed in the site rules that I am supposed to upload, so I sure pray that I am allowed to remain here until I return. I do not want to get booted. Thumbs Down�I hope that�my trusty (so far) laptop does not let me down�Cool

15 Apr 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

Oh my Gosh! Sometimes I feel like I don �t want to be part of this, I don �t understand how people can be so harsh on one another. I �ve been part of the site for a month or so, and only once I made a comment on something which I thought was unfair, and I was attacked with an ironic answer from an older member, and made out my mind not to give my opinion ever again and just upload and download what I found useful. However, when I see all this turmoil going on, I feel sad and disappointed. there are great teachers here, who make great worksheets, beautifully decorated and appealing to students (and especially, to us who download them), but having been an EFL graduate teacher for more than ten years, working both at state and private institutions, I would feel really upset if a colleague made comments, like the ones I �ve been reading today, on my work. I think that the primary reason why we joined this site was sharing our work. Just felt I had to say so.

Hugs, from Argentina

16 Apr 2009     

[email protected]
Canada

dudes, can �t u feel the summer breeze around the corner, lighten up everyone!

16 Apr 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

I agree with all of you guys.....
There are some people here who are not here to share, flatter, give opinions, exchange ideas and so on.
Every single day I receive a message that my printable will be removed because in my exercise there was a scanned picture or the "person" who wrote the comment had already seen the picture used before.... I gotta laugh LOL. C�mon.....! Let�s take it easy.
The pictures need to come from somewhere.
I wonder if it happens to you.
I�m getting really upset and disappointed Cry
I wish we could go back to the old times.

Have a nice day
PEACE.
Cassy

16 Apr 2009