Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > removal of 0 point wss..    

removal of 0 point wss..

mariamit
Greece

Wow, I did what eng789 suggested for Greece and there are 82 oages of users with no points. That �s 830 users with no points taking up space. Maybe Victor can have users who sign up and don �t upload anything in a set  period of time automatically deleted.

23 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I would like you all to try an experiment.  Go to

Search users

Username:

and pick any country. 

The contributors are listed in order of most downloaded to least downloaded.  Scroll down and go to the last listing.  Start counting how many people are registered but have never contirbuted a ws.  The lists are long.  They must be taking up tons of space in the site.  I �ve suggested this before.  Anyone who has registered but never uploaded a ws after  x - time should be deleted.

23 Apr 2009     

lucak (F)
Czech Republic

I also think, that it is wise to delete all accounts with 0 points. There are 138 pages of registered users from Czech republic, but only 18 pages contains users that upload some worksheets. There are 120 pages of users with 0 points (it means 1 200 users!).

23 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

"There �s something rotten in Denmark," said Hamlet...

Well there �s something amiss here too!  I have to agree with all that �s been said.

People who �ve never made contributions aren �t able to download ws either, so why do they need accounts?  If they don �t make a contribution within a certain period of time, they should automatically be deleted...

Something like ws that have 0 downloads and should be deleted after 1month according to the rules of the site....

23 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Shocked WOW! Double WOW! I have just checked the users from Brazil and..you will not believe this: There are 7,720 members with 0 points! I �m speechless.

23 Apr 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Hi
I agree with all of you - I think accounts with 0 points should be removed from the site.

Orit

23 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I have done this exercise some 3 months ago as I was sending my materials Mediafire link to people but my view on account and whether they should be deleted is ambivalent. I was personally a member for some 18 months with zero points until recently when I decided to participate more actively. In fact I was in a similar situation in another forum but things changed in the last 6 months and now I am one of the assistant administrator with the right to delete people ontributions.

So I think we should proceed cautiously.

23 Apr 2009     

Alisunya
Ukraine

I couldn �t agree more. 117 pages with users from Ukraine with 0 points, which makes up 1170 idle and passive users.
I believe it hardly makes sense keeping the users who aren �t willing to do anything. To be here we should work and be creative and share the results of our work with the others, shouldn �t we? 

23 Apr 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

For Belgium there are about 1020 users with 0 points.

Being a member allows you to have a look at the preview of a worksheet and being able to do this could be useful. Therefore one doesn �t have to share. I �m thinking about all those student teachers I see here for Belgium. They can benefit from this site this year and they might not be a teacher a year from now.

Maybe a rule could be stated on this. E.g. when you haven �t contributed anything for about  half a year/a year your account will be deleted? That way people will have time to learn and contribute. Otherwise it seems clear to me that they don �t really use the site for what it �s meant. Or am I wrong?

I really have to use matches to keep my eyes open, so I �m going to hit the sack now...

Have a happy Friday!

Kristien

23 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2