Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > South Korean - Kids College. I will be teaching K - 3(?) Unsure.     

South Korean - Kids College. I will be teaching K - 3(?) Unsure.

deon
Korea, South

South Korean - Kids College. I will be teaching K - 3(?) Unsure.

Hello Everyone,
I taught grades 5 and 6 in Thailand for six months. I had 50 kids per class and saw each class only once a week. [I know, I know!] However, it was sorta easy- they just wanted a farang(sp) and I did love my kids.

I wanted to teach smaller classes [12] and make more money [twice what I did in Thailand] So I signed up for a school in South Korea. From what I have read, they are hard core about education- some kids going to school for 14 hours a day! I will be teaching in a hagwon [I hope I lucked out with a good one = Kids College Yeonhee School. Anyone heard of this specific one? I know each are different]

From those who have taught in South Korea, how advanced should I expect my Kindy, 1, 2, and 3s to be? With so many hours at school, I want to make sure I bring things that are not too simple.

Any advice would be much appreciated. [anything from cultural to educational]
Thanks in advance,
Deon
please pm me! thanks!

23 Apr 2009