Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > There ´s one thing I really hate about being a teacher.     

There ´s one thing I really hate about being a teacher.

winky2
United Kingdom

There ´s one thing I really hate about being a teacher.

You know people for some time, you get used to them, you like them, you give them so much and then... they just leave school and everything ´s over.

I ´ve just said goodbye to the students I taught for 2 years. It ´s so difficult for me, because I really loved them and it was a great thing to work with them.

I really hate saying goodbye to my students - I always get so involved that it really costs me a lot. What a sad day for me.

24 Apr 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

I know exactly how you feel. I experienced it after i had to leave the first school i taught in. I thought i would not survive. I cried together with my students. But then, when i saw my university professor who taught Shakespeare there, she said "Maybe it ´s your mission to work in different places and make a difference in some other students � lives as well."
And she was right. I have left a few marks in a few different schools and it ´s such a joy to see the (grown up) students in the street and return their ´hello ´s � and wide smiles and stop for a short chat and hear from them "we never forgot your classes and you ... Clap"
You ´ll see. Smile

EDIT: No, i´m not out yet. Waiting for hubby to get ready. And he´s annoying me by plucking his guitar strings .... Grrr! Smile

24 Apr 2009     

winky2
United Kingdom

I know you ´re right - but it doesn ´t change the fact that it ´s very sad Cry

And I have to do it every year, and it ´s not getting less painful. Of course I know that I can ´t stop  my students - they have to carry on with their lives.

24 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Winky

Don ´t cry, because it is over
Smile, because you had such a privilege.

And years to come,
you will meet them again

And then
You are going to want to cry again
Because they are no longer
your kids, your teens

And because you will notice
That time goes by
And then, you will learn
What life is.

I understand you so well.

I love teachers who love their students