Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > an answer    

an answer

patrenou
Argentina

an answer

Dear Omer,
      I am sending mails to your e mail address but they are being rejected ,and I wanted to answer you.
You were astonished to see that some teachers could use the song I KISSED A GIRL   by KAtie Perry that I used to make a worksheet .
Dear Omer, Here in  Argentina it�s usual to greet each other with a kiss on the cheek, even between men. Last year it went on fashion among some teenagers aged 16 to 19 years old to greet each other with a kiss on their mouths. Generally among very close friends, I don�t agree with this practice, as I don�t agree with the use of drugs  or violence or cheating or hunger or war ,but I think ( as I explained in my worksheet) that this  song  among others which deal with these topics could be used  to discuss these topics in the classroom. It�s no use hiding your head in the sand like the ostrich. Teenagers need a teacher who can listen to them without judging them and a place where they can talk about the things that happen to them. Sorry if this song offended you,
                                                                                        Pat

1 May 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

ye gads - something is wrong with �I kissed a girl �

I know five year olds who know all the lyrics to �Give it to me baby...uh huh a huh"

Provocative songs are played on the radio all the time.  I wouldn �t exactly use the above song for teaching (My example that is) but �I kissed a girl � is rather innocent.

We would have to turn off the radios if we wanted to insulate our kids completely.

1 May 2009