Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I have a doubt....    

I have a doubt....

edurne_tudela
Spain

I have a doubt....

First of all good morning to all of you,
I write this message because I wanted to raise an issue here in the forum. Lately, when I entered the page I have had a message telling me that one of my printables has been deleted because it didn �t follow the rules of the page.
I agree with the new measure of reporting worksheets and vote if they have to be removed or not, but I thought it affected only to new contributions after the measure has been created. I don �t understand why people look for older contributions and report them.  I think it is not fair...that �s why I �d like to share the topic with you to know some others opinions. I hope I have made myself understood because I don �t want any problem.
Thanks in advance.

1 May 2009      

chorima
Spain

I am not a moderator .....nor I know all that  is happening (I check the forum once in a while, only). But as far as I know, they are doing a "spring cleaning", trying to get rid of many ws so as to have more space and more quality worksheets.This includes older worksheets.....What I �d suggest you to do is to re-edit your ws trying to adjust it to the new rules and upload it again.
Enjoy the long weekend and don�t let this upset you.
Regards from SUNNY Galicia

1 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi edurne! It �s natural that you feel so upset if you haven �t been following the issue here on the forum.

Chorima is absolutely right. What has been called a "spring cleaning" was necessary if we wanted the system to keep working 100 per cent. You see, there are thousands of worksheets that are not ESL resources or that in some way are against the rules that need to be removed in spite of having being uploaded before this new system .

Space is needed as well as improvement in terms of what the site offers its users, so there is no way we could achieve that without the "cleaning". What members have been advised to do is to check all their worksheets and update the ones they see that need some change to meet the present rules. And that �s what many members have been doing lately.

Not only do the authors and the site benefit from these measures, because the fact is that there is an improvement in the quality of the work, but moderators also have their work made easier, because the number of reported is contributions is highly reduced.

Wish you a nice Friday/ Holiday.
mena

1 May 2009