Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HAVE A LOOK AT THIS ! WHAT (OR WHO) IS YOUR AVATAR?    

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS ! WHAT (OR WHO) IS YOUR AVATAR?

Helen McK
Ireland

How clever of Zailde to start the discussion on avators earlier!  It really is great to hear the stories behind the pictures. I �ve learnt so much about the site members today.Smile 

1 May 2009     

anca13
Romania

What a wonderful idea,dear Zailda!

My avatar represents a sculpture: "The Sleeping Muse" and it was made by Constantin Brancusi   ,our greatest sculptor ever...and you can easy guess,my favourite!

Here are some of his sculptures,if you want to know a bit more.Most of them are in USA now.

Here is my favourite :"Bird in Space"

My real name is Anca and 13 is the day when I was born.For me,a lucky day!

Dear Silvana,first of all happy birthday to your son.Second,I wondered how your name "arrived" in Lithuania from the first time I saw it.Really!
As you probably know,this is a Latin word means "forest".
In Romania,we have a province named "Transilvania"=over the forest.

1 May 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hey, gr8 thread.

I only just changed my avatar yesterday.  I�m a cat lover so my avatars will mostly be cats.  I chose the first one because he looked soooo relaxed (as cats usually do considering they spend 23 hours of every day in slumber mode).  I like this new pic - he has an interesting look.  And Tabby cats are my favourite.

Cheers

Jayho

2 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

My avatar is always a kiwi, of the bird variety usually.  I use this avatar because when I joined ESLprintables I was living in Chile and was a wee bit homesick at times.  The kiwi is New Zealands national bird and the people who consider themselves NEw Zealanders have a tendency to call themselves Kiwis.  I even created a reading comp about it one day when I was particularly missing home.

For those of you who don �t know - the kiwi fruit which the rest of the world just calls kiwi - was developed in New Zealand from a chinese gooseberry - it use to be a lot smaller!

I am home now and currently thinking of taking an avatar that connects me to Chile <because I do miss the country a lot!> 

I am also considering putting me and my cat on their as everytime i log onto eslprintables she comes running over and tries to sit on the keyboard!

2 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi guys!
As I see the topic continues here, and it �s great to know a little more about you, wonderful teachers! It �s interesting to discover that everyone chooses an avatar that represents something important in his/her life or his/her personality!

Keep going, I really enjoy reading about you!

ZAILDA

2 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2