Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Poor Victor!!!    

Poor Victor!!!

wakebeauty
Brazil

Poor Victor!!!

Everytime I enter this site, I see some hot discussions about deleted or not deleted worksheets, about these or those modarators, about these or those rules, etc... and I think about Victor, and I start imagining how  he must feel when he reads all  these or those comments, cause I feel like what was was meant (IS MEANT) to be our doctor (medicine) is becoming our MONSTER... AND JUST BECAUSE OF US!!!!

Dear Victor, I �m really so sorry for everything that is going on here these days...

Your creation is priceless, what we are doing to it is worthless!!!!!!

So sorry to tell you this, my dear colleagues, but that �s from the botton of my heart.

6 May 2009      

flaviatl
Argentina

Though I can see your point and, in a way, I agree with you, I think there �s no need to apologize.
I don �t consider those "hot discussions" as something negative. We are all trying to help and improve (or at least some of us). I think those discussions are needed to make this site even a better place.
I don �t think it �s worthless.

Greetings!

6 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Fortunately this site is not run as a dictatorship (even though it could be if Victor chose to do so).

He created a forum for discussion - which is a wonderful thing. We don �t all have to agree with each other (& usually don �t).

If Victor felt his creation was perfect (oh, no... I �m starting to sound like quotes from the Bible...) then he wouldn �t have encouraged or integrated different ideas that have been suggested & discussed by members.

You may consider discussions & (hopefully) constructive criticism to be worthless & demeaning, but not everyone does.

I do agree though that �His Creation is Priceless � - blessed be his name.

(oops, now to dodge the lightning, if I can!)

p.s. Yes, I like the sound of my own typing as much as I like the sound of my own voice...

6 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I �m completely hooked on this site, which I came across a few months ago. I really love the wss, the teachers, and also... the hot debates on the forum!

I explain: this forum just shows the human�s soul. People show all of their ideas (about teaching, life, relationships, etc.), feelings, opinions. We share part of our lives and what we �re made of.

Sure, there are great people - and people who disagree with us. Ha-ha! That �s the best part. How boring it will be if everybody agreed with us...

The positive part is that we �re trying to get somewhere and I �m sure will get there. Where is it? Time will show us, but wherever it is, I want to be there with you!

6 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I �m with you, Zailda. I learning so much from this site, and I �m still in shock over how many members there are! I want to continue learning, and the discussions are just one way we do that! Let �s celebrate our uniqueness!

CarlaBig smile

6 May 2009