Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Have you noticed??    

Have you noticed??

Popina
Uruguay

Have you noticed??

I can�t help wondering ... What�s going on?!!  There hasn�t been many downloads (  I mean in general) these days.. That means that Ws. are not good enough or are you loosing interest in the page or are you on vacations and I haven�t heard about it!!!??? I had a great idea for mother�s day we are making candy bags for the moms, and they�re adorable. The bags are hand size (actually a little bit bigger) and we are putting confeti inside the bags and then we fill them with chocolate candies . Did I tell you they are just ADORABLE!! i�M SO  HAPPY!!

7 May 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I �ve been here for so long that I don �t download as much as I used to. It �s not that the worksheets are not wonderful it �s just that I don �t need hundreds on the same topic.

That said, I appreciate the creativity and the sharing I see on this site.

Have a good evening (or morning)

7 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi popina! I guess Manonski is right. I �ve joined thi site 7 months ago and I �ve got more worksheets than I will be able to use in the next 10 years. Smile So, I �ve become much more demanding than I already was.

I only make downloads of worksheets that I really like a lot or when I find that a new member has potential and I want to motivate him/her to improve his/her work. It �s wonderful to see a teacher grow professionally and we have many in this site that are excellent teachers.

Enjoy Mother �s Day with your kids. We celebrated it last Monday.
Have a nice evening.
mena

7 May 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, all of you
I think that is the point... there are so, but so many things worth a download.. but then what ?
I am so sorry to tell you this, but I don �t have the time to read through all of them, AND i don �t have where to put them. My laptop is going crazy, my extern disk is almost off,    And, the most important thing,
I am addicted here, but I have so many others things to do at school and in my private life...
I wish a day could have 48 hours... sorry, if I don �t upload, sorry if I don �t download, but for the time being I only have time to go and have a glimpse on the forum to try and catch some news... Sorry, you do a terrific job, lots of wonderful printables but....
You know, when you have eaten enough and someone brings you a super delicious slice of cake and you HAVE to say
I am sorry, I can �t.
Fortunately, summer holidays are there at the corner, may be then I can organize some of my life, esl included
Big hugs, this is a splendid community

7 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

I am also the same way as Mena, Manonski and Olindalima... and as life tends to get in the way. I upload only when divine inspiration hits me and I download only what I need. Which is usually four to six sheets a day BUT I usually just use the search engine and go directly to what I need...

I wish I had more time but school is winding down, kids are with exams and my workload has doubled. Hopefully things will settle down soon and I can investigate more the new stuff coming in...

That said, I should be getting to bed.

Night everybody!

7 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I have noticed the same thing. At the end of the day there are still many nice wss with no downloads and this can be very frustrating.  One of the problems is that there are so many new printables everyday that it is impossible for us to check them all. Today I was looking for a specific ws and found a good but very simple one - with more than 450 downloads! That is because it was uploaded more than a year ago. Today it would certainly also receive just a few points.

7 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I was amazed the first time I came across an old ws with more than 900 downloads!

But if you search the new contributions every single day you �ll see: people make wss on the same subject thousands of times. A couple of wss on clothes will be useful, but why would I download hundreds of them? It �s a good resource only for new premium members, but if you have more than 200 or 300 points you already have more than you need.

I �m here for a couple of months but I can �t even remember how many wss on the same subject I �ve seen. So I wait until someone uploads a ws about a subject I have very few about.

With so many members you get a premium account easily and start downloading 30 wss a day, but in two or three weeks you have a huge variety of them and only download what you �re really in need of.

The wss are amazingly beautiful and useful, but sometimes I feel that even the members who have thousands of points download only the new wss and the old ones are fastly forgotten!

When a member produces a very useful & creative ws I search his/her previous ones and I �ve found real treasures.

So I suggest that if you are tired of the new ones, or if you feel you have everything you need, maybe searching throught the old ones or looking for a particular member �s wss you will find really good ones and - maybe - feel like spending some points downloading them.

7 May 2009     

Popina
Uruguay

I agree with you all, but it just got my attention that there are so few downloads. I was so surprised. I�m so new at the page (just a few months) It seems to me that there were more downloads some time ago. But you know Mena is probably right, at first I was delighted and I kept downloading ws. but now I am becoming more demanding. It�s true!! Thanx to all of you!
And I have great news a few months ago my father got his Master�s degree title!!!! We�re celebrating!!!!

7 May 2009