Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Holding a booksale at my little office!!    

Holding a booksale at my little office!!

ants
Switzerland

Holding a booksale at my little office!!

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I �m holding a second-hand booksale at my little office this coming Saturday to raise money to donate to a worthwhile charity.
I know all of you would give generously.Smile

I think it �s important to remember that we are so lucky (healthwise) and to give, not only financial help but to just be there to listen and talk to someone too.

This is the 6th charity booksale I �ve held and most have been a success. Thumbs Up
This year the Parents and Teachers Association are going to put it on their blog...in French...so hope to see some Swiss mingling with the British.

Do any of you do anything like this where you live?

So, hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!!Thumbs Up
Fiona.

7 May 2009      

nkappa
Greece

That �s a very interesting action!!!!
 Do you sell all kinds of books or only Language books?

Here in the place I leave some people do that but I think they don �t advertise it so it �s not easy for everyone to take part!

Well done!

7 May 2009     

ants
Switzerland

We sell kids books in English as well as adult books as in novels, magazines and this year, toys and videos in English.Smile

We also have language course books...but they �re out of date and so I usually have to recycle those.

Do think of advertising...that �s the whole idea...sharing each other �s ideas and knowledge and helping each other. It �s sometimes not enough to rely on "word of mouth" and so we advertise more now than in the past.

We raised nearly CHF500.00 the first year and were able to give some money to two Cancer Charities here in Switzerland. Smile

7 May 2009     

nkappa
Greece

It �s an excellent gesture!!!!!

I �m amazed!!!!

7 May 2009     

source
Turkey

Great ants... In TURKEY we have a site called www.kardesinisec.com . This site is made up of students who need help to maintain their education. You contact one of the students and be his/her brother or sister. And you send each other letters and send his/her needs such as books , shoes , educational requires. So there becomes a wonderful bridge between you and your little sister/brother...

7 May 2009