Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > "Lust for Life" by Irving Stone (on Van Gogh)    

"Lust for Life" by Irving Stone (on Van Gogh)

Ivona
Serbia

"Lust for Life" by Irving Stone (on Van Gogh)

I just saw a ws with a song on V. Gogh (by Don McLean) and thought i might as well suggest that you read a marvelous novel on this extraordinary artist. The book will simply take your breath away. It is highly positive because the author shows us that despite the incessant struggle against poverty, discouragement, madness and despair, Vincent managed to produce wonderful masterpieces being driven by his creative urge.
"Lust for Life" by Irving Stone

10 May 2009      

alien boy
Japan

I also recommend checking out Ivona �s uploads Wink - she has some great thought provoking & enriching materials for all of us teachers to use in the classroom.

You could gain some great inspiration from them & not just from her forum references!

Thumbs Up

10 May 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Hi Ivona!!

Well, I �ve always felt attracted by Vincent �s work. I love his paintings and they make me feel so deep inside... something I trully cannot explain. This song written by Don McLean still makes me feel like the first time I listened to it many years ago. A mixture of thankfulness for such legacy as well as a deep sadness for the person beyond the artist and how hard his life was even with such a gift! I �m certainly going to read the novel you recommended so Many, many thanks for your suggestion!!  Have a nice weekend and thanks again for your recommendation!!

10 May 2009     

Mietz
Germany

Great! I love tips like that. Will definitely go and get it. Thanks! Smile

10 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Yes Ivona. I too will try to get that book. �Always had a "thing" about his work and his life. Thank you .Smile

10 May 2009