Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > SOS! Relative Clauses & Pronouns    

SOS! Relative Clauses & Pronouns

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Is there any thing wrong with you?

I didn �t intend to hurt anybody with my comments above. There is no need for that. We are professionals here and we come to teach and learn and not to quarrel like silly children or to play the role of police.

I just wanted to make you notice that you would confuse Innovice Teacher rather than help him/her with your comment. Of course I read those two example on that poor Easyway.com webpage. You should learn how to provide useful info for those who need help. Plus, the other comment which started with "Your explanation would be..." was not directed to you but to Tere-arg. 

I �m sorry but I �ve never thought that I could find low quality ppl like you here in this great website. Hope it becomes cleaner by time.

Of course what you said is correct. We all do mistakes, most of which are caused by the hurry we are in. I also think that you know that all what I meant is to make Innovice Teacher aware of this matter so that he/she won �t face a problem especially that he/she is an innovice teacher who is teaching the lesson tomorrow and downloading any ws with a high number of points then using it in the class without for the first time may confuse the teacher and the students too. So you can imagine the situation!

I downloaded your ws and the other too a long time ago, and because I know that doing mistakes is something common, I didn �t bother myself to write u and inform u about that, but now the situation is different.

Did you get what I mean?

You are most welcome Mar (itxasobcn)

Hope you a good day

AbdelhadiSmile

10 May 2009     

Innovice Teacher
Sri Lanka

Hello,

Many thanks to harim, lana and tere-arg. And a special thank to you Abdelhadi. Yes you are right i think i should google for this lesson first. I just fear it is time consuming, but it �s my problem. I should have come here long time before.

yes spagman63. Abdelhadi is right. You shouldn �t speak like that. You are showing that you have something wrong with your attitude and personality.

Also the examples you wrote are nonsense for me.

Anyway thank you all for your help.

10 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I �m sorry but I �ve never thought that I could find low quality ppl like you here in this great website. Hope it becomes cleaner by time.
GET REAL!!!!  HE calls me a low quality person and I am the one who gets slammed?  I have NEVER insulted someone personally in these forums and yet I often get this. 

Abdel, you back up faster than a crab.
  You say that your words were never intended to hurt anyone.  Then why choose them?  Just because you speak my language doesn �t mean you fully understand it.  It has taboos, mores and RULES. 
You should learn how to provide useful info for those who need help.
Who are you to tell me what I should do?  The last time I looked into the mirror I was a grown man capable of making intelligent decisions.  Maybe (more polite) you should focus on what you can contribute in the forum to the author and not criticise others.  I am at the point that every time I see the Morroccan flag I shudder because I know an insult is probably coming. What a sad reputation you and others have given your country. 
I just wanted to make you notice that you would confuse Innovice Teacher rather than help him/her with your comment.
She is a big girl.  I �m sure she can tell me if it is helpful or not.

Is there any thing wrong with you?
Yep, that �s the way to start a polite conversation.  Maybe you should stick to your own business.

11 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

yes spagman63. Abdelhadi is right. You shouldn �t speak like that. You are showing that you have something wrong with your attitude and personality.

Also the examples you wrote are nonsense for me.

You �re welcome.  HAHA!  They are from the website. How can they be nonsense?

11 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

GET REAL!!!!  HE calls me a low quality person and I am the one who gets slammed?  I have NEVER insulted someone personally in these forums and yet I often get this. 

Yes Spagman63 I�m completely sure that you are a low quality person. I don�t have any doubt about that. The way how you speak proves that and I�m not talking just about how you addressed me yesterday no no my dear. This is not the first time. I saw how rudely you talked to some members on the forum and how you exchanged insults. You know what? You are a HORRIBLE extremist guy!

Abdel, you back up faster than a crab.  You say that your words were never intended to hurt anyone.  Then why choose them?  Just because you speak my language doesn �t mean you fully understand it.  It has taboos, mores and RULES.

Here you are showing some lack of good judgement. You know that I�m not a native English speaker and that speaking your language doesn�t mean to fully understand it, which I completely agree with; still, you didn�t excuse me for that but you opted for a childish quarrel and criticism. So where is openness and tolerance, and the rest of the fake mottos that you claim you call for? If you know the reason behind an unintentional action or speech, but you choose to act like a child or a retarded person while you should forgive and be patient, then you certainly have a big problem inside you!!

I am at the point that every time I see the Morroccan flag I shudder because I know an insult is probably coming. What a sad reputation you and others have given your country.

LOL! Another stupid statement here. You know what? If you close your eyes and you pick up any sound minded guy from any part of the world and show him what you said he would say exactly what I�ve just mentioned. Another stupid statement!!! How come that you are putting all the Moroccans in one basket? In any part of the world, there are good and bad people with a difference in percentage. So how come that you are generalizing something that is impossible for anybody to generalize? Isn�t that a lack of sound judgement? But maybe this confirms what I said before that you have the habit of quarrelling with the others!!!! I�ve never seen you quarrelling and disagreeing with a Moroccan here. Maybe cuz I�m new on the website but I said before I certainly saw you speaking rudely with other members from other countries. Shame on you. You are an old man, but you still have a nasty child inside you!!! When are you going to grow up??

You �re welcome.  HAHA!  They are from the website. How can they be nonsense?

LOL! You see, the same problem! All this and you still don�t admit that you are just missing about here.

I said it before Innovice Teacher did and informed you about the poorness of the examples that you posted (even if they are taken from the website) and when I did I didn�t have any intention to hurt your feeling, rather I just wanted to say that you could have posted relevant examples with some explanation and not just copying and pasting 2 poor examples which don�t explain anything about Relative Pronouns, especially to a new teacher or student. It is how you present your product which count! That�s if you have a good product first. And certainly I saw the examples long time ago because I read that POOR webpage which I don�t advise people to waste their time on. There are plenty of professional, good and useful teaching websites and we should just look for them. Anyway, Innovice Teacher told you what I wanted to say in a sincere way, but it�s up to you to say HAHA or to swallow it. You know, most of the times stubbornness is just a useless way to take.

Anyway, I just wanted to convey a message to you by writing you all this even if I really need this time to correct a big number of Ss� quizzes. I hope that you change your attitude when you are speaking with the others. There are people who are much better than you and others much worse and you can never know with whom you are speaking, especially at the beginning. So if you show me some improvement, then you are welcome; otherwise, the best thing to do is to stay away my friend!

Have a good night

AbdelhadiSmile

12 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2