Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Funniest Moments in Your Classroom? Part 2    

Funniest Moments in Your Classroom? Part 2

Pinky Makus
Canada

Funniest Moments in Your Classroom? Part 2

Can we keep this thread going?

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8121

I am really enjoying your stories.

11 May 2009      

arkel
Ireland

I can �t open the topic :(

11 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8121

here you go. she �caught � the previous line too, so that �s why it �s not working.

11 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

When I was in Kindergarten the principal used to stand by the gate greeting all students with a "Good Afternoon." I only spoke Portuguese and I thought that the strange words pronounced by that very tall man wearing a black suit were kind of a bad spell. I was very much afraid of him and his "bad spell".

12 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

The other day I was helping a student correct his essay. I have taught him in two other classes, and he finally asked if he could ask me a personal question.

I said, " Yes, Cesar, what do you want to know?"

He shyly asked, "Ms. Horne, how many years have you had that red ink pen?"

Laughing I said, "Cesar, I have a whole box of them at home!"

The whole class started laughing.

Carla

12 May 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

I had to laugh the other day in my kindergarten class. One of my mini kids kept saying �Oh scheisse �  (meaning poo in German- to be polite (he he)) I told him very nicely that that was not a nice word and that we only speak English in this room... The next minute the same little kid did something wrong on his project and said very loudly �Oh shit �----- Well he was speaking English. It was very hard to keep a straight face.LOL
Yeti xx

12 May 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I don �t know if this is funny or sad.....Yesterday I did the song "big yellow taxi" by Joni Mitchell in my 6th grade class. For those who do not know the song: It is a very stong environmental awareness song with the chorus saying: "Don �t it always seem to go that you don �t know what you �ve got, ´til it´s gone. They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"
My last question on the worksheet was: "Do you think the message of this song is still important today?" Several anwered: "Yes, because we still have parking problems today...."
AAAArrrggh
marion

12 May 2009     

fletsch
Canada

Mine is most definitely the time that I was teaching in China and I was playing "The way you make me feel" by Michael Jackson.  The video had lyrics and the kids were trying to sing along.  But for some reason the video froze on my screen.  And it froze at the exact time when Michael is on his toes and grabbing his crotch and making a God awful face.  I could not get it to play or stop, and I finally had to shut down the computer.  The kids were all laughing hysterically and it took me some time to calm them down.  Very funny...

12 May 2009     

douglas
United States

I was teaching Maslow �s hiearchy of needs to a room full of young German soldiers (male and female) and I usually started out the lesson with an attention getting question: "Would you drink out of a puddle?"  I was relatively new to teaching in German and I had a little problem pronouncing the vowels with the umlaut.  The German word for puddle is pfutze , there is another similar word in German that is a VERY vulgar term for the female genitalia.  So, in front of about 25 young soldiers, I asked a young male soldier if he would drink out of a ^%#&.   ....... The look on his face and the reaction of the class was priceless, at first I didn �t realize what I had done-I figured it out pretty quick.  It was embarassing, but very funny.  Now almost ten years later, I still hear about it once in a while when I meet-up with old colleagues.

12 May 2009