Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Comments on reported printables    

Comments on reported printables

manonski (f)
Canada

Comments on reported printables

Here are some comments on the reported sheet. Of course, all of them are anonymous:

uploaded twice...i already reported this for another reason..as in: not useful.

no activity! should be removed....otherwise..i`ll start uploading my emails and my essays from university! COME ON!

I`m starting to get annoyed! people are just uploading essays and stories..that they find on the net...SHOULD BE REMOVED! not fair to those who actually take texts and turn them into activities....stop being lazy please...and do something..especially with the Lottery...it would have been easy to make questions

just a text! no exercises...please stop being lazy and contribute something teachers can use in the classroom...

sorry...but this is no lesson...don`t take us for some fools...we`re not stupid nor blind.

I �m not debating if the reporting was right or not. I respect the right to not sign your name but if you �re going to insult people, have the courage to stand by your opinion. That �s really easy to write when your name does not appear.
You could have used your moderator status to give constructive comments.

12 May 2009      

mena22
Portugal

I can �t help being shocked by those comments and I will never get used to such rudeness. That �s why I defend that everybody should write their names when voting.

The personal,  unfounded nasty comments come almost always from people who do not identify themselves and that must mean something. It �s a shame to see everyday that there is such intolerance,  bitterness, frustration and hatred among people who work with children.

Have a good night.
mena

12 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I completely agree with you in that point. I �m not a moderator and have no dream to be so, but your argument is logical and clear.

I think the question of writing one �s name when voting should be settled and ultimately be there among the site �s rules. You know more than me how can you make that be true. I think many moderators and members share the same point of view, which could increase its chances of success. It takes just some principled members to be one hand and to persevere in their attempt to accomplish their goal which is not impossible at all.

Only then the problem of hatred and rudeness that some moderators (and members too) suffer from could be controlled. Certainly, this problem can �t be totally controlled because it is related to people �s personality, beliefs, and views; still, I think it would decrease by time. And that �s one of the benefits of identifying oneself while voting ..

Well, this is my point of view regarding this topic

I just hope that things change positively in this great site

Have a good night

AbdelhadiSmile

12 May 2009     

Rosangella
Brazil

Hi everybody...

My  computer protection  accused viruses in a downloaded ws, is it possible?
Could  be some Ws  infected?
MY godness.. I am  afraid of.

Good night for You!

12 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Please read this thread re Word & virus issues:

Regards,
AB

12 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Shocked I was also shocked by the anonymous comments I saw today.  It is really sad to see that a teacher, a person responsible for the academic but also moral development of a child, could write these rude remarks. They came from the person reporting the wss - not necessarily a moderator - and maybe Victor could devise a way to identify whoever reports a printable. When we download a ws and write a comment, our name, avatar and flag appear on the comment.  Why not do the same on the report section?  I understand that it is to avoid retaliation but, if we abide by the rules, if someone reports our work it will not be removed.

12 May 2009     

me_fig
Canada

I can see some constructive points in the moderators comments.  They just aren �t written elequently.  �It �s uploaded twice �, �It �s not useful �... �Take texts and turn them into activities is pretty constructive. "stop being lazy" is pretty polite, but I can see how lazy is not a word people want to hear.  Not everybody is professional in their words.  I agree that they should try and be more respectful with their comments.

I think if people had to put their name behind their comments you might end up with some word wars on this site.  I �m not sure that is necessary.  We already see it a lot on the message board.  My advice is that people need to stop taking things so personally.  Sift through the rude words and find the constructive stuff you can learn from.

12 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

I signed my name on my comments (that I thought were constructive) the other day and as a result somebody was pretty nasty to me, so that was the last time I did that.
You can �t expect people to sign and stand by their comments when the reactions are so terrible, sorry. From what I �ve heard, many moderators had experiences like mine, so that �s probably the reason why we choose to stay anonimous.

Sasa

12 May 2009     

Brentboy
Japan

Hi,

This seems like a big problem.... a lot of forum posts have been about this... I think people should be more polite even if they do not agree about the merits of a worksheet.... Victor deleted on of my sheets a long time ago because it didnt fit the definition of an esl worksheet.... He was very polite so although i disagreed a little, I understood his point and didnt get angry....

12 May 2009     

freddie
Canada

I must say that I think signing your name is fair but I �m afraid I don �t have time or the psychological energy right now to deal with the kind of nastiness that can come after even the most innocent of comments. I used to participate more on the forum, etc until I began receiving quite toxic PMs and I just didn �t feel up to participating as much any more. I �m happy to help out with moderating when I can, and I do try to be careful and fair and polite in my comments and I am glad to see lately the number of worksheets has declined but I am uncertain about leaving my name.

I also think that most of the time the worst comments are not made by moderators but by members. Please be careful when reporting worksheets and if you are not sure about reporting DONT REPORT!! Ask someone by PM for an opinion before you report!

Also @me fig

Are you sure that "not useful" and "stop being lazy" is polite and constructive feedback? Surely we would expect teachers of all people to be considerably better at giving feedback. It should come naturally if we do it every day, don �t you think? Though I do agree with you that people need to calm down and stop taking things so personally and try to learn something from the feedback provided (if it is constructive). :)

Take care everyone
Freddie

12 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I remember seeing those comments yesterday and as they were the first comment on many of the reported printables it is important to remember that ANYONE from this community could have written it... as ANYONE can report a printbable.... I think that it should be AUTOMATIC for the REPORTERS name to go next to  the first comment.. because then people would think twice about reporting and think twice about they reason for why they are reporting it...

12 May 2009     

1    2    Next >