Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > How to turn my worksheets into black and white?    

How to turn my worksheets into black and white?

mandrea1111
Uruguay

How to turn my worksheets into black and white?

I used a lot of images that aren �t in black and white. I don �t how to change them. 

13 May 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I assume you �re working in Word. Mine is in French so I can �t tell you the right words. Right click your picture, select to go in the picture format, once there, click on the picture tab. You �ll have a choice of colour. Just pick greyscale.

13 May 2009     

dareka1
Japan

If you have Adobe Photoshop, use the "photocopy" filter. It �s the greatest invention in the world!!

13 May 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Hi Mandrea,

Well, i don �t know which Office Word version you are using.. i, myself, work on Office Word 2003 and will advise you accordingly..

You go first to VIEW menu, click on TOOLBARS and select PICTURE: in this way, you will have the PICTURE toolbar installed on your word page. Click on the picture you want to change into black and white, and go to the PICTURE toolbar to click on COLOR menu; here, you get four options amongst which: Black and white and Greyscale..

�Hope this helps..

Have a great time! Smile

Abbes

13 May 2009     

Dalya
Kuwait

I was going to tell you what Abbes_Z told you

so hope it worked with you ^_^

if not tell me I have a Microsoft Office 2007 so I can help you with that one

13 May 2009     

mandrea1111
Uruguay

Thank you so much for your answers!! I will try to do what you told me!

13 May 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Jobs Scramble name ___________

simply choose black and white OPTION of all your pics...

if you GROUP your pics, you can do it with all pics IN ONE CLICK...

TRUE bw worksheet has NO background colour, thin borders, few bw outlined pics (NOT greyscale pics)... - THERE IS not much black...
----> bw worksheets SAVES ink...
BW worksheet is really PRINTER FRIENDLY + often "paper friendly"

grayscale pictures include gray background,
true bw pics are OUTLINED pencil-drawn pics with white colour background / "filling"
-- true bw pics consist of black LINES on white background

IF you have colour version, remove all background colours, textboxes background, make the pics black and white (Picture options - Color - BW)

4 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

grayscale pictures include gray background,
true bw pics are OUTLINED pencil-drawn pics with white colour background / "filling"
-- true bw pics consist of black LINES on white background

IF you have colour version, remove all background colours, textboxes background, make the pics black and white (Picture options - Color - BW)

How to make pics BW? Simply choose black and white OPTION of all your pics...

if you GROUP your pics, you can do it with all pics IN ONE CLICK...

TRUE bw worksheet has NO background colour, thin borders, few bw outlined pics = contour pics (NOT greyscale pics)... - THERE IS not much black...
----> bw worksheets SAVE ink...
BW worksheet is really PRINTER FRIENDLY + often "paper friendly"

BW worksheet must be included in the same document. If the size exceeds 300kB, it can be uploaded the very same day + link given to the colour version in the description...

4 Nov 2009