Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TEACHER ´S DAY    

TEACHER ´S DAY

chobby
Mexico

TEACHER ´S DAY

Hello there:

I �ve been away from the site & forum for sometime as I �ve been extremely busy because those days off we had for the swine flu, delayed all my work, exams, assessing, getting average, grading, etc

Anyway tomorrow is a holyday here in M�xico, at least for the schools as we celebrate TEACHER �S DAY so HAPPY TEACHERS DAY (in advance) TO ALL YOU FROM THIS WONDERFUL COMMUNITY.

Also I was wondering if you all celebrate that day in a specific date on May or any other month.

Hugs from Mexico Hug

15 May 2009      

pauguzman
Argentina

HAPPY TEACHER �S DAY!! Hope you enjoy your day!!!
In Argentina, teacher �s day is in 11th September because we conmemorate the death  of a great teacher , who then became president, and made a lot for Argentinian education.
warm regards dear collegues in your day!! PAULA

15 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Chobby, every Mexican teacher and teachers from all over the world: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cheers!!! Smile

15 May 2009     

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

To all my dear ESL Mexican friends and colleagues: Chobby, Julieta, Zoila, I �m Lety, Miss Lorena, etc.

15 May 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hi, Chobby,

Happy teacher �s day!!! Clap

In Lithuania we celebrate teacher �s day on 5th of October.

15 May 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Happy Teacher �s Day....   It is also teachers �s day here in Korea.  Plus my school is doing fire safety drill with the students.  The neighbor schools let out at lunch, we did the drills after lunch and they are leaving now.  We have also been invaded by the students that graduated last year some bringing gifts of flowers, cakes, fruit juice, fruit, and socks.  It seems the socks and little healthy drinks are traditional.  Even after a couple years there are still some drinks I don �t know what they are, but they taste interesting.  There is a rice drink with little bits of rice floating in it that is also traditional.  So question to others what is a traditional gift to give on teacher �s appreciation day where you are at?

15 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I miss seonsaeng nim day.  I got a lot of nice things. :)  Some teachers in Korea even get cars as a gift.  WOW!!!  However, they have no work to park them. LOL  In Hong Kong each school decides on the teacher �s day so there is not a "national" teacher �s day like in Korea and other places.  Cry  No goodies for me.

15 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Happy Teacher �s Day to all my Mexican friends! On behalf of Murilo Benicio, a special hug to a special teacher!

In Brazil we celebrate teachers on October 15 and it is a school holiday - Dia do Mestre.

(Sorry for the private joke)

15 May 2009     

palamut
Turkey

Hi! I �m writing from Turkey. We celebrate Teacher �s Day on 24th of October. HAPPY TEACHER �S DAY. :)

15 May 2009