Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A quote about teaching?    

A quote about teaching?

Nur287
Brunei Darussalam

A quote about teaching?

Hi teachers =)

I need the exact words of a quote about teaching which I came across some time ago. It goes something like this:

"Much I learned from my teachers, more from my colleagues but most from my students."

Does anyone know the exact wording of this quote?�Smile

17 May 2009      

roneydirt
United States

"Much have I learned from my teachers, more from my colleagues, but most from my students."  -- R. Hanina (Talmud: Taanit, 7a)

Remember that and enjoyed relooking that up and found so many other quotes that I have enjoyed while doing that...  a couple sites on teacher quotes and quotes on teaching

Browse our extensive collection of famous quotations, sayings and quotes about Teaching.

Haim G. Ginott
Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.
Famous Teacher Quotes  [New Window] 
I often wonder about teachers who educated famous people such as Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, and the like. Were these teachers specially qualified to inspire ...

17 May 2009     

Nur287
Brunei Darussalam

Spot on, that �s the one! Thanks, Roney!�Big smile

Thanks for links as well. Nice quotes, indeed!

Good day! ; )

17 May 2009