Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SUNSHINE!    

SUNSHINE!

Isabelucha
Portugal

SUNSHINE!

Isn �t it "great" to have a terrible day at school, get mad at your Ss because they just don �t care, spend your time explaining that learning is great for life (and get a "huhuh..." from them), getting tired and bored, and then leave school, watch the sky and be amazed by a glorious sunshine and a blue sky? Ok, that �s what I expect to find out there now! What a day... Unhappy
See you all ESL friends!

18 May 2009      

teacherlupe
Spain

Hello   Isabelucha,

Thanks for sharing your feelings in the school It is the same for me, sometimes I think that I must change my job but we have a fantastic sunshine and we can get happy again.

Kisses from Spain.

18 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I don �t think our students really care about the future. I don �t think they can see that far. The teens especially. Just go back in time and see if you cared. I didn �t. I guess what we should do is seduce/trick them into doing things that they find dull and boring and not their cup of tea, but that we know will be of benefit to them ... We should be not only teachers, but magicians to boot!
Have a nice day ... the rest of it! Thumbs Up

18 May 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I think indeed the trick is to be able to see that beautiful day despite a bad day at school. Only recently i am managing (a bit) to do that. I am a new teacher and in  the beginning my entire day would be ruined if classes didn �t go well.....
MARION

18 May 2009     

nkappa
Greece

HELLO ISABEL!!!!

WE HAVE GOT THE SAME AVATAR!!!!!!!!!

COOOOL!!!

WELCOME!!!

18 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I �m curious, stexstme, what were the reasons why the SS got expelled?

18 May 2009     

sedefg�l
Turkey

hi! Isabelucha
This is what I lexperienced today! My 8th grades are about to finish secondary school in a month. and the weather is getting warmer and warmer here in Turkey. So it is soooooo difficult to get them involved in the lessons! They don �t wanna listen, talk, write and learn.
I am trying to tell my lesson in a relaxing way by changing my style of processing a lesson, and less demanding them to write things etc.
This is really hard job! :)

18 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hmmm ... and what happens after they have been expelled from school?
I mean, who takes care of them? Do they get any professional help while in school?
We don �t have THAT big problems here, but we �re well on the way of getting them along with the transition the country is going through.

18 May 2009     

Mariethe House
France

How good it is to see someone mention ,write about real issues! Thank you Sylvie!

Yes, the French system is going down to the drain!

So much effort that had been made and is falling down to bits! Just seen an article in the paper: they �re thinking of setting up a special police to interfere in schools to calm down the angry mob!! They don �t want to know why the angry mob is crying shouting, burning things down! They jusut want to ignore that people are suffering of all the cruel things of our times: unemployment, lack of money , lost parents in front of their angry teenagers!! And their answer is: more kids in classes ( 30 will soon be the average per class for 11to 15 year olds and 35/ 40 in the higher grades!)
So your comment , Sylvie is very much up to the point!
So, i think, instead of spending our time quarelling about stolen ws, i think, we should , as mature adults ( or supposed to be, ) we should try to think and exchange ideas about how to handle things, how to help kids, because this is the main issue, after all or, IS IT NOT?

what do I do in my school? Because there are drop outs too! I have  suggested we have some sort of tutorial system to indivvidualize the system, to make those kids feeling left out  have the feeling that they are important, let them talk about their frustrationetc..;
Concretly speaking, I , with 2 other teachers, we spend aquarter of an hour every week , to talk individually and listen to each kid. Each teacher sees 4 kids a week in the free time, so that means 12 kids being taken into acoont and it helps them simmer down and consider their future in a positive way, rather than destructive!
I am sur YOU all have suggestions . Let �s share!
Thank you Sylvie and I suggest you take a subscription to "les cahiers p�dagogiques" You should find some help there!

18 May 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

First I want to thank everybody who answered my post:Teacherlupe, Ivona, Marion g, Nkappa (it �s nice that little girl, isn �t it?LOL), Stexstme and Sedefg�l.  You are so sweet! Thanx a lot! Then, I read the last post, from Marieth�, and I think she �s right. We should really debate these problems of education. Here in Portugal we already have a tutorial system. Ss spend 45 min./week with a teacher and he/she helps him/her with the homework, gives advice, talks,... plays the role of a Mum/Dad at school. Sometimes it works and the student gets better, but other times it means nothing - as stexstme said, we must keep fighting for the Ss we have and for those who care. We must find balance. How do we do that? That �s the mais point... I �ve been teaching for the last 12 years and I still don �t know. I still have so much to learn.

18 May 2009