Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > dynamism    

dynamism

Juventina
Brazil

dynamism

Hey, guys!!!
I �m teaching a group using a different book, but the begining of this book is a review about what they have seen before. So it �s been difficult for me to prepare a more dynamic class, because they already know the subject. It �s been a repeated class. 
What do you advise me?
thanks

21 May 2009      

roneydirt
United States

Yeah review can be boring...  You can make it into a variety of games from Bingo, unscramble, fill in the blank (individual/team)... to other types of games.  Kind of depends what the review material is.

21 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Reviews are muy importante!  We can �t assume ALL of the Ss know the material or remember it.  I often review the previous lesson �s content to refresh their memories. These kids get bombarded by media, video games and even daily life so that material may be the furthest thing from their minds.  Put yourself in their shoes. How would you like to review that material? Word games, puzzles, matching and even the hated Hangman (I think it is great for vocab) all work well for reviewing.  Try to draw pictures to help them remember the material. You don �t have to be an art teacher to draw. Often it is better not to be as my kids get a kick out of my bad drawings (my bananas look like chili peppers).

21 May 2009     

douglas
United States

x_spacegirl_x has a number of games uploaded that can be played.  I tried her "opposites baseball" yesterday and it went over great (students stayed later because they didn �t want to stop playing!).  --THANKS Space girl!--

I am looking at making some more game cards for different subjects (i.e. "Mary and Jane -subject pronoun =answer: they) it can also be used for vocab, parts of speech, idiomatic expressions, , ,.  

I also like Hangman for beginners, I have one group where I usually start the class with a game or two of hangman, it gets them in the "English" mode and I can reinforce alphabet, pronounciation and vocabulary all at once.

I also like to use review worksheets, (I have uploaded some here if you want them PM me and I will send them to you).

Douglas

21 May 2009     

Juventina
Brazil

Thank you very much for your kind answers. These advices are going to help me a lot!!!!

21 May 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

If it �s things they already know...why not ask them to teach it?  Divide the class into groups and assign each a part of the review, then ask them to come up with the games and activities to use in class.  You could make it a mini-project and give them points on how clear the explanation was and how sucessful the games were.

23 May 2009     

Juventina
Brazil

Hum... This is a very creative idea, girl!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

23 May 2009