Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Please accept my apologies...    

Please accept my apologies...

mena22
Portugal

Please accept my apologies...

Yesterday that �s what I wrote when I voted for a set ot 2 flashcards to stay:

"It SHOULD NOT be removed. Lets be rational, please...: this set of flashcards was uploaded almost a year ago, when the rule of uploading at least 4 cards together did not exist. So why report it in the first place? It seems most unfair to me. If it were a case of a stolen worksheet, a ws 100 percent in another language, a non-ESL resource, the date wouldnt really matter because those particularities have always been considered against the rules. But NOT this rule of at least 4 flahscards in the same upload. So please, let �s not report old flashcards just because they do not meet the new rules. mena"

Although at the beginning, when the new rule appeared, I myself voted for the removal of some flashcards, I have come to change my mind after seeing that people were going after so many old cards, which made me wonder why and think twice of whether they should be removed or not.

As more and more old flashcards appeared on the reported contributions section, first I began to abstain from voting, though I wasn �t sure why. It just didn �t seem right somehow, so much so that I brought this issue up to the forum. Then I made myself think about it, and I am glad I did because I found out I was wrong due to the �date� factor. There wasn �t such a rule a year ago, so it is not fair to penalize people for something that did not exist at the time.

Now it �s difficult for me to understand how I didn �t see it right away, when this all started. The truth is that I didn �t and I was convinced I was doing the right thing.  I was wrong and I�d like to apologise for having voted for the removal of your flashcards, if that was the case.

I must say I completely agree with victor �s rule "Single flashcards are not allowed, but you can send a SET of flashcards (at least 4)", but I would add in the reported contributions section "Single flahscards are not allowed after + DATE........."

Hope you accept my sincere apologies.
Hugs,
mena

21 May 2009      

douglas
United States

I agree Mena,

I think we should grant amnesty to all WSs older than 6 months, unless they have 0 points, are stolen, or are repeat uploads (that is basically how I base my voting).

Douglas

21 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Douglas, you bring a really good point. I must say that I never really voted on older documents or flascards because I �m not really sure myself about the rules. I do like your "amnesty" point.

And Mena, you did what you did because you thought you were respecting the rules. There is nothing wrong with that.

21 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I agree with you Mena, Douglas and Manonski. Simply because your views regarding this particular point are rational.

Those who vote for the removal of this type of flashcards may face the same thing in the future when new rules are issued. So please no voting against older documents or flashcards.

Have a good day

AbdelhadiSmile

21 May 2009