Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > KEO project    

KEO project

serennablack
Portugal

KEO project

I recently came across with this website and I thought it would be good to post it here as it can be used as a teaching idea. KEO is a satellite that will be sent to space in 2010 and which has the main goal of being a time capsule,sort of speak. Inside the satellite there will be messages from people around the world who will be telling about their lives and experiences. The satellite will be programmed to land on earth 50.000 years later, which means that our messages will be a valueable  record of who we were and what we did. It will give the oportunity to your students to write something about their dreams and hopes and to know that they will be part of something  big...History itself. The greatest thing about this project is that you can write in your mother tongue. So, no restrictions whatsoever when it comes to language.  The satellite and the messages will be a symbol of the people who lived in the XXI century and oF the diversity that exists all over the world. In an ESL context, the idea can be used as well...You just have to write the message in english. If anyone before have mentioned the site, I apologize for mentioning it again, but it is truly an amazing project which I think IS worth advertising. I hope your students love it. Mine sure did.

The link to the site is this:

http://www.keo.org/

21 May 2009      

MarionG
Netherlands

thank you for posting!! I really love the idea of doing something about it in my classes. I don �t think they would actually write in English but i could do for example a reading on the subject and then provide them with the link so they can do it in their mother tongue afterwards..( If anyone already has a reading comprehension activity on the subject, do share!!)
Marion

21 May 2009