Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hungary    

Hungary

Kriszta2009
Hungary

Hungary

Hungary, where I live, is a very small country.
I wonder whether people in the world what think about this country.
What do you come to your mind about Hungary at first hearing?
I think of some specialities, some famous people or anything else, for example.
Thanks in advance,
Kriszta

24 May 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,

As I am from Vienna, Hungary was my neighbor and I visited Budapest once. It is quite similar to Vienna regarding the site (on the Danube) and the architecture too. I loved the friendly people (when I was there it the country was still behind the iron curtain) and the spicy food like goulash. Our most famous empress Sissy loved Hungary and went there as often as she could.

A big hug, now from Brazil, Silvia

24 May 2009     

anatavner
Israel

The food!!!!! The great goulash things. Being Israeli and Jewish, we have many Hungarians among us and we learned to love the food - the traditional kind.
I was also in Budapest, but the Hungarian history and culture are unknown. I learned a lot when I visited your beautiful capital city. and traveled a bit outside Budapest.
Anat

24 May 2009     

marta_marta
Poland

When I think of Hungary lecs� - my favourite dish, paprika and Lake Balaton come to my mind. If anybody here hasn �t tried lecs�, I suggest you do it. It �s delicious...

And, of course, one of the most difficult languages in the world.

Best regards

24 May 2009     

txellalalluna
Andorra

i think of budapest. i imagine bridges and wonderful buildings. not that i have been anywhere in hungary.
i also imagine generals with a big moustache (god knows why :))

24 May 2009     

Halildurak
Turkey

The name suggests me the  Huns ...i think we have  some kind of distant kinship  but im not sure of it .Would you please enlighten  me about this issue?you may send a private message if you wish
best reagards
halil

24 May 2009     

Isabel L
Spain

When I think of Hungary I think of classical music, gulash and I also remember studying at school that both the Hungarian and Basque languages had unknown and somehow mysterious origins.

Now I �m really curious about your country.

24 May 2009     

Kriszta2009
Hungary

Thank you so much for your replies!

Yes, dear  Halil , the Huns were our ancestors and the Turkish reigned in Hungary for about 150 years.(1544-1686)

I have asked my questions because of this link:

�I �m Hungary : Let �s have some Turkey!!� you can see later on the forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plIgEbggSs&feature=related

But it �s good feeling that there are some people who heard of Hungary.

24 May 2009     

jecika
Serbia

The first thing that crossed my sugar free for a fortnight mind is RIGO JANCSI Heart a traditional Hungarian chocolate cake  Hug

24 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Oh my God Jessica, you hit me in the face!!! I �m weak before sweets, esp. chocolate cakes.
Well, A famous hungarian  confection could be :
Peanut Logs
Mogyoros Stangli
Delicious peanuty cookies shaped
as longs, dipped in chocolate and
decorated the pistachios and
almonds.

Have a yummy day,
Nebal

24 May 2009