Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Are You a Riddle Nut??    

Are You a Riddle Nut??

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Yes.

24 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Okay!!

The answer is:

6:00am: since the clock is losing 24 minutes every hour, for every real hour that has passed, the clock will only show 36 minutes. Since the clock shows 3:00am, we know that 180 clock minutes have passed. This therefore equals 300 real minutes and hence 5 hours. The clock stopped 1 hour ago and the time must now be 6.00am.

Okay guys, I had a great time here with u. I´m tired now, and u too.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Hugs,
Nebal

24 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Okay!!

The answer is:

6:00am: since the clock is losing 24 minutes every hour, for every real hour that has passed, the clock will only show 36 minutes. Since the clock shows 3:00am, we know that 180 clock minutes have passed. This therefore equals 300 real minutes and hence 5 hours. The clock stopped 1 hour ago and the time must now be 6.00am.

Okay guys, I had a great time here with u. I´m tired now, and u too.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! See u later!!

Hugs,
Nebal

24 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Choli, I gave the answer !!! What �s wrong??
I �m sorry . I have to leave.
See u all!!!
Nebal

24 May 2009     

Choli
Argentina

I don �t know what �s wrong. I posted the please message only once!! Sorry. I saw your reply.
My calculation was so wrong. Anyway, I �ll do it again later coz now I think that 5:12 am is the correct answer.

Thank you Nebal!!

Hugs

24 May 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Oh girls!!! i have had a lot of fun reading your participations. What I really love of these post is the huge mess of answers!!! LOL

25 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9