Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Parts of school    

Parts of school

ximons
Brazil

Parts of school

Good morning, dear friends. I need to do an activity with parts of school: library, gym, teacher �s room, etc. I want some  clipart of these places  or a map  of the building. Can anyone help me ?  Thanks in advance. Ximons.

27 May 2009      

VeraM
Portugal

Why not making a kind of a treasure hunt? Divide the class in groups. Then you can hide things in different places and give them a kind of a map... then they have to say where they have found the treasures. Or ask a question and they have to tell where did the find the answer... Just an idea!

Good luck!
VeraM

27 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with Vera. At Easter, I prepared an Easter egg hunt. I hid letters everywhere in the school and the kids studied prepositions as well as parts of the school. Some letters were decoy and the students had to read the instructions carefully if they wanted to write the correct letters in their answers. For example, if the instruction was "which letters are under the water fountain", I would also put some over it as well. In the end, the letters spelled a secret message.
I informed the teachers in my school about this activity and on their sheet, there were two lines at the bottom for warnings. Students were allowed 2 warnings maximum for their activity. If they got one, the teacher would sign at the bottom. At the second one, they lost the privilege of spending time in the corridors and were returned in the classroom.

27 May 2009     

miss K.
Ukraine

Go to www.learnenglish.org.uk/kids On the site go to flashcards. I think there should be something (words and pitures)

27 May 2009