Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > REMOVING MY POST    

REMOVING MY POST

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear Caroline,
Everybody is free to have their opinion. I �m just a little tired of seeing threads in the forum of the same topics over and over again: advertising, stolen material, reported worksheets. What is funny is that and now here I am participating in one of them... LOL
I meant no offense, I just disagreed with the fact that Borna was advertising. That �s all.
See you around!
Cyn

30 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

I appologize to everyone, becuause I wasn �t aware of the rule about advertising, and once more, advertising was not my intention. I offered to SEND my worksheets by e-mail, and I will delete them anyway, because I am not pleased with it, and I think I can do better, no matter if 300 people download them today. As my new recipe cards, I removed that post myself because Mena thought I was advertising, and I didn �t want everybody to think I really was. I know Mena likes to comment on everything all the time, and welcome new members, and explain everything to everybody....(how does she find the time and the nerves to remind everybody on every single rule in this site???), but I �ve learned my lesson today - NO MORE FORUM POSTS FOR ME.
I certainly didn �t want to cause any problems, fights, or accusations among members.

Have a nice weekend everybody!!

Sasa

P.S. I totally agree with all of you about wasting space - hence the deletion process I started today, or as I called it "spring cleaning"!!!!

30 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Please, borna, don�t stop participating in the forum just because of that. Maybe there should be a section where worksheets with few points could be advertised for those of us who find them useful but maybe missed them, but as there are thousands of worksheets on that situation, saying that on the forum may seem a way of advertising them (and offering to send them via email an extra to get more downloads trying to sound modest). I am not saying that that was your your intention but I admit that it may sound thus for many people.
What about deleting them and uploading them again, as I said, to say if you really should delete them or leave them the way they are? I had not though about that, but now that I have learnt from everybody here I think I should do the same as you and go through old worksheets, delete them ,and see if I can improve them.
Please, don�t get offended by my comments.
Hugs
Silvia

30 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

Dear Silvia,

of course I �m not offended!!!
Mena and you have a point, I just didn �t see it that way.
If I uploaded them again, that WOULD in my opinion be like ASKING FOR NEW / MORE POINTS.
I was thinking like this:
I wanted to share this worksheet with members, I uploaded, several months later I see it wasn �t well accepted so I decided to delete it, because I myself an not pleased with it either, so I wanted to inform all the others who might have missed it, to check it out, get it while it �s available and then delete it.

You see, sometimes it is impossible to edit or improve it. I improved my recipe cards, and informed the members about it in the same post, and it seemed to you like advertising.

But something should definately be done with many, many, many old wss that got only several points, because they �re a huge waste of server space. I myself cleaned out many of mine today!!!

And by the way, I always send my work by e-mail, I �m sure many new members can confirm this, and I �m not trying to be modest. Especially to those who don �t have the points to download yet.

Sasa

30 May 2009     

hazi
Russian Federation

Dear friends,

I wonder if we could have such a section on the site called �I recommend � - and on that specific place we could post notes about wss which seem very interesting to us and which we want to recommend to everybody - created by other members, NOT by ourselves of course!

If it is a big deal because of the site space - well, I think the site ESLprintables is perfect the way it isThumbs Up

30 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Oh my dear Sasa ...my comments�(nor were Mena �s I �m sure)�were never intended to stop you posting in the forum. I would hate for me or anyone else to be the cause of that happening. �Yes Mena has always been of great help here as you say. In the beginning of my time here I too thought of advertising ...but LUCKILY I was made aware of the rule in time haha! btw...I am not that big into the wss myself but I try to contribute through the PMs and emails as much as I can. �There is so much more to discover here and to contribute to as well. Please do NOT leave.
Take care,
CarolineSmile

ps...I too will waste no more space here so this is my final post on this thread haha!

30 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

You �re absolutely right carolina! Please Sasa, let �s just forget all this unfortunate misunderstanding. I do hope to continue seeing your posts on the forum. I really do.
A big hug,  Hug
mena

30 May 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

I liked Hazi �s idea. An "I recommend section" would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Cyn

30 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2