Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > about taking risks    

about taking risks

domnitza
Romania

about taking risks

Dear friends,

I have wanted so many times to send a message on the forum, but couldn �t find the best moment for that. Since I started school (in April) I am more than a busy bee; unfortunately, I am a French bee, so less time for making English worksheets. But being part of this community and knowing all of you completely changed my style of teaching and now I am able to create wonderful worksheets for my students. I am a teacher in a school where students are not the best; they don �t learn as much as I would like them to; they have lots of problems with their attitude and behaviour. French is not their favourite subject, I must admit. But I am not only a teacher anymore. I am a mother too. So I see them in many different ways and I am ready to do everything for them. You all know that being a good teacher means taking risks. We can not change our students � world, because we are a small part of it. But we COULD TRY.

My post now is a reply to all those who stole our worksheets and used them without our permission. I do not consider them teachers. They have no excuse for what they have done. But I will not let myself influenced by their action. I know that I am not in control of my own work, once I let it free on the internet. The only thing that soothes me is the thought that there is at least one person who recognizes my work and says: This is Domnitza �s printable!

I do not create worksheets for them, but for you. And I take the risk of seing my work on a certain blog, even if I didn �t give my permission for that. I take this risk because I know that there are teachers who need help.

ps: 1 June is Children �s Day in Romania. Happy birthday to all of your children and students. Didi will be a happy little boy today and will receive lots of toys and sweets.

Lots of hugs,

Domnitza

31 May 2009      

anaisabel001
Spain

HAPPY CHILDREN �S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

31 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I couldn �t have said it better my dear domnitza! I �m 100% with you on this issue. I was and am aware of the risks, but that won �t stop me from sharing my work in this wonderful site, with this beautiful community.

Happy children �s day to Didi and all the children in the world.  Smile
Hugs,
mena

31 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Domnitza,

You �re speaking words of wisdom,dear. We are aware that anything published on the net is sometimes exposed to illegal uploading. But, we are also aware that there are rules, strict rules, that protect the authors � work. people who don �t respect this are punished.

As mena said, this big problem won �t stop us from producing more and more coz we have now dear friends here and belong to a great family.

Happy Children Day to your little Didi, the Romanian children, and all the children of the world.

Hugs,
Nebal

31 May 2009     

EvaRamos
Panama

Hello Domnitza,
    Thanks for your wise words.   You are right 100%, and  I agree with you.  I also feel very blessed to be part of this community, and it has changed the way I teach too.  I am a different teacher thanks to eslprintables, and the wonderful friends that I have made here.  People like you that are willing to share not only their worksheets, but their knowledge, experience, and friendship.  It is really a shame that someone steals your work and other wss from great eslprintables contributors.  Shame on them!  But, as you said, the most important thing here, is that we are sharing in order to help those children who are desperately needing creative, active and caring teachers.  Let �s continue working together for those kids.  Because for a dedicated teacher every day is children �s day.

A big hug to you and all my esl friends,
Eva

31 May 2009     

phnhu76
Vietnam

Dear Domnitza,

I just want to thank you for your great help to me. You are so kind to me.
Hope your students pay more attention to French and study better so that you have more time for Didi and English ws.
All best wishes to your beloved family!

31 May 2009