Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > our lives don īt worth    

our lives don īt worth

Nebal
Lebanon

Deat Titila,
 First of all, I would like to send u and Hernan īs family my deepest condolences and sorrow. What happened to Hernan is a big victory as well as a tragedy. This great teacher acted as a worrior and showed us that teaching is a sacred message, a hand given to all students who want a better future. I don īt think anyone would forget such a teacher in your country. He sacrificed his life for the sake of building a better school environment.On the other hand,the way he passed a way draws a big question mark. It simply shows the failure of the police to protect the lives of citizens and encouraging drugs and violence spread. All I can say is that never ever be desperate and always think that we are found in this life for a purpose. We , teachers, are created to teach love, hope, sacrifice, and justice. Never ever give up, dear Titila. On the contrary, always fight back and hold Hernan īs message in the sun.
 All the best,
Nebal

6 Jun 2009     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

This teacher was a real HERO!  You all are I think to be able to work in such horrible conditions!  I really admire your inner strength and courage.  You have my warmest sympathies and deepest condolences.  I wish something is done to end this vicious circle of drug victims and victimisers.

6 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

It īs a tragedy how a criminal minority can easily intimidate  and get back at a decent majority. The teacher had  best intentions. I think i would have done the same thing and, being impulsive and righteous, as we say here "go with my head through the wall". I guess one has to be wise and tactful when tackling things like that and find the door...
My sympathies.

6 Jun 2009     

wakebeauty
Brazil

I īM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT... : ((

I IMAGINE HOW HORRIBLE MUST BE TO TEACH AND LIVE IN A PLACE LIKE, FULL OF VIOLANCE  AND ALSO WITH THE CONDITIONS YOU TOLD US, NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR US, GREAT PEOPLE WHO TRY EVERYDAY TO TEACH WHAT MOST OF THE TIME WE DON īT HAVE: LOVE!!! NEITHER FROM THE STUDENT NOR FROM THEIR PARENTS, SOCIETY, GOVERNMENT!!!

BUT ONE THING WE HAVE, COURAGE... COZ TO GO ON IN THIS PROFFESSION WE REALLY NEED IT!!! AND YOUR FRIEND IS THE PROOF OF THAT... HE WAS A REALLY BRAVE TEACHER, UNFORTUNATELY THERE WAS NO ONE OUT  THERE(THE POLICE, THE GIVERNMENT)  TO DEFEND HIM AS HE TRIED TO DEFEND ALL THE STUDENTS, COLLEAGUES AND THE SCHOOL...

MY DEEPEST SYMPATHIES FOR YOU, FOR YOUR COLLEAGUES THAT ARE SUFFERING TOO AND FOR HIS FAMILY!!!!!

6 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

My simpathies. It is horrible to think these kind of things could happen even when the teacher īs goal is to try to save their students from the worst habit "drugs"among teenagers. Drusgs are killing our students and our teachers too.  

6 Jun 2009     

veronika74
Hungary

It īs so sad and terrible. My deepest sympathy and condolences.

6 Jun 2009     

abba
Spain

It īs very sad, my condolences to all the teachers of your school and to Hernan īs family.

6 Jun 2009     

isabelzr
Spain

It īs sad and horrendous. My sympathy and condolences to you, your colleagues and students and  of course to Hernan īs family .

6 Jun 2009     

serene
Greece

I īm so sorry dear Titila! It īs so horrible for a teacher to lose his life because he wants to protect his pupils! I wish the government in your country could do something to help you and stop this violence!

My deepest sympathy!
serene

6 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

A terrible loss for the teaching world.
Perhaps if every teacher here sent a letter to your president - he might wake up.
A country with a lazy police force is a very dangerous place.
Who knows  - it might work and make people take notice.
My deepest sympathy.
L

6 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >