Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Have you seen the Cootie Catchers?    

Have you seen the Cootie Catchers?

Pinky Makus
Canada

I guess I forgot to say...we used to call those things fortune tellers.  

9 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

I guess, I am the only one here that remembers what a "cootie" really is!! I am sorry but the name of Frenchfrog �s activity makes me smile... and shake my head while I try not to laugh...

Hey Manon, Douglas, Liberty... remember the kids in school going.. "Ewww... so-so has got cooties..."  LOL

And I will let the rest of you guess what I am talking about!! LOL

9 Jun 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

Do you know how we call them in Argentina??? SAPITOS!!! (Little frogs). What a coincidence!!!!! LOL

9 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Linda, I remember what cooties are.  Beware of cooties.  Run, she/he has cooties!  Everyone at school was afraid of catching cooties.    When I saw that a fortune teller is also called cooties I got a real chuckle out of it.

10 Jun 2009     

mjotab
Spain

Please, what was the meaning of "cooties" in Canada? something similar to "lice"?
My daughters told me that here in Spain they are called "comecocos". (something like "braineaters")

10 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2