Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > My worksheets (little study cards) about US citizenship were removed    

My worksheets (little study cards) about US citizenship were removed

victor
Spain

Dorothea,

Don �t worry, nobody is going to fight with you. Your message is very correct, and you can use the forum to explain yourself.

This has been discussed many times. There might be errors sometimes, but this is the best system that we have at the moment. There are hundreds of moderators, and decisions are usually voted by many of them (the number of comments does not reflect the number of votes)

10 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

Cuchinerita,

Sometimes mistakes are made simply because not all moderators are on all the time and a worksheet could technically get deleted by just being reported, if nobody defends it. Also, you need to remember that there are good seeds and bad in every lot but the majority of moderators here are very fair.

And edlerverein you have a right like anyone else here to speak up about what you feel - as long as you aren �t rude about - which you weren �t. Smile

Sorry that your worksheet got deleted, maybe you might try uploading it again with clearer instructions on how to use it??

10 Jun 2009     

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

Dear Manonski! I know what the reporting page looks like! I had more than a 1000 points!! And I know some people upload empty wss, scanned wss, etc...
But that �s not my point!.. I �m not saying it �s a bad system or anything!.. That �s not what I �m questioning!.. And for sure it will continue to happe! My point was something different! .. and i �m not going ot repeat it all again!... (don �t worry).. but I know there are people who really see my point!.. ..

10 Jun 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

@Zora: no, I don �t think I will upload it again with clearer instructions, because the automatic message said that I risk my account being deleted if I continue disobeying the rules.
And that would be a pity. Tongue
Dorothea

10 Jun 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Good Morning,

I would like to defend edlerverein �s use of the internet for a ws. It is imperative that the students and their families know what is on the Citizenship Test. Since it is public knowledge, I don �t understand why she couldn �t use it. Also, if her students are like mine, they can �t afford computers, much less the monthly bill for the internet. Therefore, why as teachers, can �t we share what is on this test?

Carla

10 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Dorothea! I think you have every right to upload your cards again because, as you �ve said, your work implied a lot more than "copy and paste", which means you �ve adapted it to your students � needs, starting with the instructions. You just have to write in the description the source, hiw you �ve adapted it and  how students can use the cards. Most moderators are wise people and do a pretty good job. There �s no way they will vote for removal if they understand that this is not indeed a "copy and paste" case.

Wish you a nice day! Smile
mena

10 Jun 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

ok mena, you convinced me, - I will start uploading the lot again at the weekend. And I will add lengthy explanations to make everybody happy.

I am in fact receiving hourly personal messages of people telling me they know how I feel and what a shame it is because they liked the cards etc.,  --- so I presume there is quite some bitterness out there among people whose wss have been deleted and who don �t see why.
But then - where does complete fairness exist?? Probably nowhere.

There are other things I have to finish uploading first because they belong together (boardgame and sets of cards) and I started uploading them yesterday.

Thank you for your nice and reasonable comment. The day I became a member of this site and roamed around for an hour or two your comments struck me as well-balanced and level-headed and wise, and I have had that impression ever since.
Dorothea

10 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2