Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > something for the soul    

something for the soul

anitarobi
Croatia

something for the soul

...just something to share with you (it was given to me 12 years ago by a high school student at the end of the school year and I still cherish it)...

Gonna be a Bear
In this life I �m a woman. In my next life, I �d like to come back as a bear. When you �re a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you �re supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.
When you �re a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you �re sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.
If you �re mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.
If you �re a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.
Yup, gonna be a bear!!
Karma �s Korner

PS: If you liked this, try the link and go for stories...

Anita

edit: FOR ALL OF YOU WHO CONTACTED ME ABOUT THIS (THANKS) - I´M PREPARING A WS ON THIS... I´LL POST IT TOMORROW.... THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVELY MESSAGES...

13 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I must add to this poem that in the end, you rest in peace in front of a warm fire place.
I can handle that too.

Thank you for the post Anita.

13 Jun 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi fellows
Count me in the line, even with Manonski �s end.
I am like a lizard

13 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

On that same website, there is questions asked to Canadians by people from other countries. Hilarious!

13 Jun 2009     

chalco
France

hilarious indeed ... I thought I was going to die of laughter!!!

14 Jun 2009     

txellalalluna
Andorra

now i understand why i �ve always loved bears...

i �ll go check the link now. i could definitely deal with some more laughs :)

14 Jun 2009     

meuge
Argentina

And have a look at this Wal-Mart application form....LOL

http://karmaskorner.com/laughing/l20.html

14 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

"SALARY: A lot less than I �m worth."

Meuge, that looks like a teacher �s application too...

14 Jun 2009     

txellalalluna
Andorra

i just checked the airlines one

http://karmaskorner.com/laughing/l14.html

so funny...
i guess they all are.

14 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Thanks Anita!! I really like the site!! I �ll keep it stored .
Here is a quote that I picked from this site:

People � as with the flowers of any beautiful garden, we are all at different stages of development � some still struggling to push through the soil, others just beginning to feel the warmth of the sun, some in tiny bud form, some struggling against the weeds and insects, others in full bloom, and still others withering and dying and preparing to move to a higher dimension of life.

All the best,
Nebal

14 Jun 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thanks a lot!! I added it to my favorites. It is great, loved the aaadd story, seens to be happening to me already!
This site is a big culprit!!

14 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >