Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Professional advice wanted    

Professional advice wanted

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Professional advice wanted

Hi everyone

Okay so, mid way during this school year, because of the many cutbacks Ireland is facing at the moment, all of my ESL classes were cancelled.  The reason for this is that our international students don �t study gaelic (our native language) and instead there was funding for them to have extra english classes.

Now that funding is gone, and unfortunatley as usual its the students that suffer.  However, I do feel that I am suffering too, as I loved teaching ESL and now I don �t get to do it.

However, I have thought of an idea.  I want to continue teaching ESL and if this means teaching outside of my employment, so be it.

I have set up a website to advertise my service, however, I am not a professional at this.  I was wondering if some of the teachers here would be so kind as to have a look at my site and give me any feedback they have.

Please be aware that I am NOT advertising!!  What use would english lessons be to a group of english teachers anyway!!

The webpage is www.dublin-tuition.com

Thanks for taking the time friends.

20 Jun 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Will take a look.

Zora and lots of other people here have their own ESL schools.
YOu ought to contact them and get some good advice on how
to start your own classes.

L

20 Jun 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

thanks very much libertybelle, I will get in touch with them!!

20 Jun 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Sarah,
I �m curious. Why would a native Irish person need ESL classes?  Are you saying that they speak only Gaelic?

20 Jun 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Hi

No, sorry, our natives will also take classes in gaelic, but while they are in gaelic class, our international pupils would take an extra english class.

Its very beneficial to those weaker students who need the extra help, but the flaw in it is that you could have up to 4/5 different levels in the one class, which is good in some ways, but very difficult to teach.

thanks to all of those who left comments/opinions

20 Jun 2009     

Zarade
United States

I loved your website - it �s neat-looking and to the point. �I esp. liked the �contact form � that opens up into a window, very professional. �

If I may just ask, what is �Leaving Certificate Grinds �? � �Grind � means �pulverize �, or sometime it may mean �labor �, so I am puzzled by your meaning.

21 Jun 2009