Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hitler ´s pic!    

Hitler ´s pic!

wakebeauty
Brazil

Hitler ´s pic!

Dear colleagues,

I �ve just seen a great debate towards my worksheet with Hittler �s caricature and when I posted a comment on it, it simply disappeared...

I just want you to know ( for the ones that voted delete or don �t delete) that I didn �t want to hurt anybody and for me Hitler was a devil on earth, but he was real, unfortunately...

When my SS mime him or ask  questions and start guessing who he is, they start changing the adjectives, from good ones to horrible ones, like he was... and until now, thank goodness, none of my students have showed admiration upon Hittler, but he contrary. But if one day I saw somebody telling good things about the monster called Hittler, I would respect his opinion and tell this person mine, and show this person, in a respectful way, the facts that make me believe that Hittler was /is infamous, coz what he did will never be forgotten nor forgiven, at least for me...

But as I respect and don �t want to hurt anybody here, espeacially those ones who have lost their beloved ones because of his cruelty and crazyness, I �ll edit the worksheet and remove his pic!!!! IT A PITY WE CAN �T ERASE HIM OR WHAT HE DID FROM HISTORY...

Ah, and for the ones that voted for my worksheet to stay, THANKS A LOT, not for preventing my wksht to be deleted, BUT FOR UNDERSTANDING MY POINT OF VIEW...

And for the ones that didn�t get it, PLEASE, FORGIVE ME!!!

26 Jun 2009      

me_fig
Canada

I didn �t see your worksheet or the debates surrounding it, but I share your thoughts.  Even though Hitler did some terrible things and people did some more terrible things who were his followers, he is part of history.  We can learn from our history...even the bad stuff.

26 Jun 2009     

susiebelle
United States

Dear Wakebeauty,

Your post here was so kind and heartfelt. I feel bad about the sadness you are feeling, but I don�t think you should apologize for your contribution.  I noticed that you changed your ws and took off the  caricature of Hitler. I feel that is sad because ESL students need to be able to describe different kinds of people- good and bad, famous and infamous.  They need to have the tools and knowledge in order to express themselves in a proper way. 

I feel that it wasn �t your picture that caused the uproar.   Someone found a place (Your reported ws) to vent past aggressions and grudges against the removal of previous worksheets.  Those past events should have been cleared at the time of the event.  Victor has always tried to correct any mistakes or unfairness here.  
And thank you for your beautiful, selfless attitude.   

26 Jun 2009     

life_line
Ukraine

Hi dear Wakebeauty!

I �m so glad that your ws stayed. I understand your point very well and I was sure that your all the efforts you made to collect appropriate clipart was only for the sake of practising English!Hugs, Life_line

26 Jun 2009     

naj07
Tunisia

Hi wakebeauty I think that you hadn �t to change anything in your work I can understand that you don �t want to hurt people but your work doesn �t have any thing to do with encouraging people or students to be Hitler, and we like it or not he is part of history our history, and our students and our children should know about that. Don �t bother yourself we have many people that we should teach our students not to follow. 

26 Jun 2009