Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Copyright law for copyright holders only??    

Copyright law for copyright holders only??

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

That �s exactly what I do, I know that many people here do work hard and put a lot of effort into their WSs, and even though they �re not artists or writers, they �re dedicated teachers like I like to think I am, I would never feel comfortable saying someone else �s work is my own, so even when I use other teacher �s or website �s EXERCISES in class, I state they �re not mine.

I �m not allowed to use Copyrighted material, which is not the case of our shared WSs, but may be os the pics that compose these WSs. So, I delete virtually all the pics from a WS I download in order to be able to use them for a test, review, extra work, or something. Except the ones I use for private classes.

Almost all the images I have and use are from google searches, and I rely on what �s stated on the website I download it, I even used printscreen of the site �s statement  to keep a record of how I found that clipart set, and why I can use it.

I just wanted to know if someone else knows of other good free (from purchase and royalties/copyrights use) sites.

PS: I totally share your thoughts on UPLOADING here or elsewhere others � WSs under your name.  I would have to partially dissagre with Anat, but only if the school �s or teacher �s site doesn �t put a source note with the uploaded WS, we know they �re still being used for educational, non-profit use, but if you do NOT state they do NOT belong to you, you are in some way taking them as your own. Which is not right or honest.

Can anyone help me as to the images that are not clipart? Those pics (not photos) from houses, cities, and stuff? Where do I get them?

Don �t know what �s the time where you are, but here in Brazil it �s almost 3 o�clock on a Saturday night, and my husband is a little angry I can �t leave the computer!! ehehhehe

28 Jun 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

When you scroll down and look at the left side of the screen you can visit our new bookmarks. There are some good sites there.

You can also have a look at the forum:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5956 (I typed the word �clipart � at the bottom of this page to get this post.)

Here are a few more

http://www.phillipmartin.info/clipart/homepage.htm

http://classroomclipart.com

28 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Here are AT LEAST 7 ways how to solve your problem WITHOUT using BLOG / SITE:
1) If your students need the worksheets and  you cannot print them, THEN SEND THOSE WORKSHEETS STRAIGHT TO THEIR MAIL BOXES.
2) Or upload the worksheets with PASSWORD to some RESTRICTED ACCESS site...
3) Or make a new mail box and GIVE THE PASSPORT TO YOUR STUDENTS ONLY
4)You can send those worksheet to their "memory stick",
5) mobile phone,
6) I-pod / mp3 player ... whatever...
7) you can give them CD with the worksheets
and ask them TO PROMISE not to distribute it elsewhere

It was really dead easy to find some ways how to help you...

But you really don �t have right to redistribute worksheets from eslprintables to ALL PEOPLE who visit your blog / school web...

This is Victor �s site and he protects the rights of this site...
Please respect / follow the rules !

Noone can accuse me of being mean, I do upload the best I have. I do not expect anything for that, but I expect others to respect the effort I put into my work...

28 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

To make it crystal clear:
All the wss here are for OUR students.

They are NOT for all people around the globe :-)

We should and can find way how to distribute the wss to your students ONLY

We can �t redistribute the wss to thousands / millions of other people via personal blogs / webs...

We can adapt the wss to meet our needs but we CANNOT upload the edited version at eslprintables...
We share, have fun, help, ask questions, get answers, make jokes and enjoy this community. We get inspired, follow eslprintables friend �s ideas, but we state the source...

We respect each other �s work and we enjoy sharing Big smile

Copyright is not important. Respect is VERY IMPORTANT :-))

28 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Aah, Vickiii, you are barking up the wrong tree but I won�t go into further detail as moravc has already quoted & placed a link in one of her posts. It would probably pay any members who are interested in the topic to review the previous discussions & then post a few further questions & debate. A lot of people here are going off �half-cocked� & with �popular myths� informing their debate.

People also seem a little confused as to what �Royalty Free� means. It means that there are no on-going fees or royalties to be paid to the seller or the creator of the image/music/etc.
It doesn�t mean the item isn�t copyrighted with all the protection that also entails.

Cheers,
AB

28 Jun 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

ASk and ye shall be told...

Thanks for the feedback - i didn �t know their was inherent copyright as soon as I create something.

Good information to have.  You never know one day someone may actually steal something off me and I will know they aren �t even legally allowed to!

Thanks for the info people.

28 Jun 2009     

Helen McK
Ireland

We don�t need to resort to the law. Uploading the work of another contributor on a different website is against the rules of this site.  Victor has already stated that people who do this should be banned from ESLprintables.  Once they lose their points and their account, they won�t be able to publish the work of others elsewhere on the net. 

I do wish people would stop stirring it with these kinds of posts.  To me, they seem like an encouragement to unscrupulous people to abuse the site and its contributors.

28 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good morning everybody! Thanks vickii for bringing up the issue and thanks moravc for giving us the llinks to remind us of all that has been said on this topic. I cannot say that I know much about copyrights. I don �t. Like many of you, victor �s rules have been enough for me so far. But I like to be informed.  That is why I must disagree with Helen. This kind of posts are essential to me and I believe to many other members who, like me, may not be that interested in the issue but certainly like to know about what is legal and illegal, at least.

Wish you all a nice Sunday.
mena

28 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2