Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > concert festival    

concert festival

jennybohmes
Argentina

concert festival

Hello yesterday I asked, I beg..Cry for help or ideas for the final festival or the concert but my internet connection failed so...Still I�m  looking forward to hearing from you... please pleaseeee...
I�ve never worked for a festival so I�m ......Dead
We were thinking of a musical or a play..

5 Jul 2009      

missveronica
Argentina

Dear Jenny, PM me your situation (group, school, english hours) anything you have in mind and I �ll help you...Ive done dozens of concerts, even written my own scripts
Dont Freak Out

5 Jul 2009     

samsunmustafa
Turkey

Dear Jenny ! Greetings from warm Turkey. I have prepared and carried out an English festival at the end of the academic year one month ago.Our students showed their abilities of English before the principles and their parents.They have played the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs play and sang songs.We have carried out some short sketches as well.If your all  audience know English well you can use a bit longer plays like Snow White but if not it may bother the audience as it did in our country.So you have to add some songs into your show.
We have used these songs:

Big World -by Emilia
Lemon Tree - by Fool �s Garden
Life - by Desree
I �m alive -by Celine Dion
Complcated - by Avril Lavigne
Dancing Queen -by Abba
Human - by the Killers
Lucky - by Lucky Twice
I �m Gonna Be (500 miles )- by The Proclaimers

I have found the instrumental and colorfully animated (some of them were like that) karaoke videos on youtube and projected them on the wall behind the stage.The students danced and sang their song in front.You can create some musicals as well using these songs.For example the song Lucky can be suitebla for a musical.
And I have changed some Nasreddin and some other jokes into play.I have used some Turkish in them in order to make the audience laugh.You can have a look at this site that includes Nasreddin jokes.

http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/330/reading/index.htm   (wonderful nasreddin stories)

I can send you the play Snow White if you want.And some others.Have a good day.

5 Jul 2009