Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to give points to a Quiz show?    

How to give points to a Quiz show?

SusanBrown
Netherlands

How to give points to a Quiz show?

How can we let the rules for a QUIZ SHOW very clear to the students to avoid confusions and mess in its apliccation?

Cards were made with the questions and what I need are suggestions about how to point and count the points each student gets.. some suggestions will be welcome.

What work better or what we should avoid when we make a QUIZ SHOW with students?

thanks in advance

5 Jul 2009      

yuliya888
Ukraine

I suppose, it depends first of all on the difficulty of questions. As usual, you should start from simple questions gradually complicating them. Then, you must take into consideration the speed of exercise realization. In April I had "Who Wants to Become a Millionaire" quiz with my senior pupils. The topic was "How much do you know about the United Kingdom". It was difficult to evaluate fairly all of them, I wouldn �t be able to do it myself, that �s why my colleagues helped me. They judged my pupils, eliminating those ones who were the last to answer, even if they were correct.
Good luck in your activity!!!

5 Jul 2009