Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Greetings    

Greetings

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

welcome7.gifCrustpunker!!!

8 Jul 2009     

crustpunker
Japan

thanks again all! Are there many members here in Japan or Asia in general? I work in a private Junior High/ High School here and teach 18 regular classes a week from 1st year JH to 1st year HS. I am pretty much on my own and have total freedom to come up with anything at all. This can be both good and bad for many reasons. Good in that I really am left to my own devices and can try out lots of different things but bad at times because of the pressure to always come up with something that is interesting for the students as well as practical. The name of the class I teach is "General English" and the only guidline the school has stated is that they prefer my class to be more focused on conversation, games, culture and things of that nature, not focused much on grammar as the kids here recieve PLENTY of that in their other English classes. I also run an English club here that meets after school twice a week. Moderate at open school events where prospective students and their parents come to see the school, help kids with EIKEN (interview practice mostly) and TOEIC stratagies as well as run a summer "camp" that runs a few days in August. Kids here attend school from Mon to Sat so Sunday is the only day off I have in a week. It is a pretty demanding job and I have been at it for 2 years now. Sites like these are so helpful when looking for a new idea or just to bounce ideas around with others. I am the only non-Japanese instructor at my school so it can get a bit well, lonely (for lack of a better word) at times. I can speak Japanese well enough I suppose so that isn �t much of an issue though I would really love to have another native speaker to work with. My own background is in fine art and therefore, I am by no means in academic terms a real "teacher" but I strive to be professional and make up for what I lack in technical training by reading up on teaching methods/ ideologies and trying to integrate them into my lessons. Sometimes I fail miserably and sometimes things work out just fine. That is more or less what I am all about.

8 Jul 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

Hi Crustpunker

you can search members worldwide here,  

Search users

Username:

you�ll find this on the main page.

Regards

Naby  

8 Jul 2009     

crustpunker
Japan

ah! Thanks much Nabila!
Cheers for that!

8 Jul 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Hello crustpunker... You should check out Alienboy he is in Japan.  I am in Korea.   Definitly can understand feeling alone.  I have stated to some on here I get side-wacked with complaints my lessons are too academic and should be more games.  I can understand since most don �t really want to learn English in my day school.  The two night schools is a different story and this site has been very helpful with working up different ideas to set up a lesson rough outline.  I am pulling many lessons to set up a work forum for future classes like how you mention very little if any outline of what is needed is giving to you.  Still very rough and I think poorly organized but hope to have a real good outline set up for this.  My own version of a textbook.  Now on your site, how did you do that.  I am not fully tech savy and wouldnt � mind setting up something like that where I can have one section for all my pictures, another section for lessons and lesson outlines and then the blog.  I am full of lots of knowledge and ideas except when it comes to the technical part.  I think you know once you get 30 points you can download 30 new worksheets each day, but review those worksheets there may be some mistakes.

8 Jul 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

The pictures in your blog are very nice.
Cheers

8 Jul 2009     

crustpunker
Japan

Tisha- Thanks so much for having a look! I am glad to hear you like them. I shoot with film only. No digital images :)

roneydirt- Thanks for the contact! I just recieved a message from Alienboy.Big smile I almost went to Korea to teach a few years back but things just didn �t work out that way and I stayed here in Japan.  Your idea sounds like it would be really useful for people like myself. As far as conversational English texts go there are really so few that seem to be written specifficaly with Japanese/Korean/Chinese learners of English in mind. One that DOES come to mind though is the Passport and My First Passport series by Oxford which is a good little book that can be adapted in many ways. The hardest thing for me is the sheer size of the classes I teach. the smallest is 30 and the largest is 40. I REALLY wish that my class were mandatory for 1st and maybe even 2nd year JH kids and from then on an elective so that the class would be mostly made up of people who actually had a genuine intrest in learning conversational English. As it is now it is about 50/50 split between those who are somewhat self motivated and those who have little to no intrest in English.

The blog was easy enough to set up. I am useless at computers and I managed to crack out that very basic page...Blogspot is a decent place to start up a blog and if you do a search for teaching blogs, there are quite a few that you can look at to see who they set it up.
great to meet you by the way!

8 Jul 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Nice to meet you :-))

silvana

8 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hello and a big welcome to you!
Loved your Blog - your photos are beautiful.

Best wishes
L

8 Jul 2009     

spring
Turkey

Welcome to the site.
I am sure you will enjoy the friendship here.
By the way I am really impressed by your blog.
Pictures look so professional. I always like that sytle..
See you around and loves from Turkey...

8 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >