Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > YEARLY PLAN    

YEARLY PLAN

debbiem
Israel

YEARLY PLAN

Hello to you all,

I was wondering if any of you prepare a yearly plan for your classes?
Is it helpful?
Do you stick to it?
What does the chart you use look like?
How long does it take you to prepare one?

I wasn �t asked to make one but I found myself thinking about it.
I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Debbiem

8 Jul 2009      

sea camel
Belgium

I �m preparing one at the moment ( and I �m on holiday. I suppose I �ve got a severe case of teaching disease I can �t get rid offLOL) for one of my classes. This time I �m planning the 4 skills, grammar items and voc. items, homeworks and tests. I �m also planning what I should write down in my diary. In Belgium we are obliged to have a yearly plan. We can use the same one every year although we are advised to modify it (make it better) every year.

It is helpful to know whether you will have enough time to teach what you want/have to teach (We have a curriculum which is compulsory too).

In my case, it takes ages to prepare a good yearly plan (because I always have to think things through) and I must admit that in the end I never fully stick to it.  

If you feel like having a look at some of my yearly plans, feel free to PM me.

Hugs from Belgium!

Kristien

8 Jul 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi Debbiem,

I have always thought in units: short stories, a novel, poetry... Now my district is planning for all high school teachers to teach the same type of unit at the same time, but not necessarily the exact same book. I am required to give standardized tests, so it is harder to have a lot of games because I have to move at a good pace to get all the material in. I hope this  answers your question.

Hugs,

Carla

8 Jul 2009     

yenn
Mexico

hi! I have to do a yearly plan too, It is helpul but like sea camel I don�t completly stick to it... Because groups and Ss are not the same, an activity could be really good and fun for a group but in the other an entire disaster.

We have a program with units, so I always make a calendar of the school year including the units and the time that i should spend in each one.

I have to give to my supervisors the all yearly plan (lesson by lesson) when we start the school year, but it is just a base for me, if I found a better idea or worksheet (in this site of course) i change the activity and write that on my notes...

Some time ago, I uploaded my lesson plan format: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=102378#thetop

kisses from Mexico!! Embarrassed

8 Jul 2009     

regina. di
Brazil

I have to do it for the school I teach here in Brazil. It �s really time consuming and I always have something to change or add. I �ve changed it lots of times so far this year. It �s not something you need to follow stricly, you can (and you �ll need to) make some changes as you know your students better. Separate it by unit or topis you are going to teach, evaluations, abilities, activities. It �s useful for us to check the time we have for each lesson.
I hope you don �t get so stress out with this.
xoxo

9 Jul 2009