Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cross-cultural issues in the classroom    

Cross-cultural issues in the classroom

yogiba61
Spain

Cross-cultural issues in the classroom

Dear friends,

I �m doing a course called "Cross-cultural issues in the classroom: strategies and guidelines to enhance interaction" I need some help because we have to design and developed an activity which could be used in an elf classroom taking into account any relevant cross-cultural issues. We have to present the project to the rest of the group and we don �t have much time, in fact we have to present it tomorrow. Can you give me any ideas? We �ve been thinking about anecdotes about stereotypes. What do you think? I would appreciate your help. Thank you very much in advance.

8 Jul 2009      

celia86
Argentina

HI! what about national stereotypes?? maybe you can discuss if it is a way of discriminating against people. I have a very nice text about this topic, but it is for an upper intermediate level, let me know if it is useful and I can email it to youBig smile
Good Luck!

8 Jul 2009     

yogiba61
Spain

Great! I would appreciate if you can e-mail it to me .I �m sure it is useful Celia because we have to present the project in front of other teachers and they have to act as a students. Thank you very much.

8 Jul 2009     

angryman
Chile

You could talk about the way peolple from other countries see you. You could invite people from foreign countries to talk about  the issue with your students

8 Jul 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Try this.

8 Jul 2009     

douglas
United States

You could do an entire lesson on "Tolerance"

-What is it? (dictionary meaning, personal meaning)
-What does the word mean to each student?
-With whom and how can we be tolerant?
-Where have they seen it recently?
-Where have they seen intolerance?
-How have tolerance and intolerance effected those involved?
-What do individual students do to be tolerant?
-What are some things that people think are being tolerant, but are actually racist or intolerant?

Activity: for each letter of the word "tolerance" find other words (or pictures) that describe it. 
  For example: under "T" you could have the word "talking" and show students talking about differences in their cultures or talking about things concerning tolerance that bother them  

9 Jul 2009