Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I can ´t download a worksheet    

I can ´t download a worksheet

Gönni
Germany

I can ´t download a worksheet

Hi everybody,

I was so glad to join this wonderful site, uploaded two worksheets, got over 30 points and very frinedly comments...

Now I ´ve already lost two points by trying to download a worksheet of another member. I click on download, the site is on my screen then, but I can ´t do anything else. Neither copy this page nor click on "save.." And even worse: My pc doesn ´t react any longer if I try to save the worksheet, so I must start the pc anew. Of course, I ´m worried and a little bit annoyed... What could be the reason? I won ´t loose all my points by getting pc errors...

Thanks for offering a solution in advance...

Gönni

9 Jul 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Your problem sounds very complicated.

Firstly - you don ´t lose points if you download the newest daily worksheets, only if you download older ones.  You can download 30 worksheets of the newest contributions every day without losing points.
Regarding your "saving" problems. Are you using Word?
All documents are Word documents - saved as doc and not docx. If you are using Word, then I don ´t understand why you can saved the different worksheets.
Perhaps you have a virus or have configured your computer to not save downloads.
There are many experts here, maybe they can help you.
L

9 Jul 2009     

waynedef
United States

What web browser are you using? Firefox or IE? Maybe a mac? Need to know that first.

-Wayne

9 Jul 2009     

Gönni
Germany

Hi Wayne,

thanks for your interest ;-)
I use a brtowser that ´ll be unknown in other countries, it ´s called "t-online", a German company offers it. I don ´t have a mac.

I have also access to Internet Explorer - so I should try that one? Yesterday I could download one worksheet via "t-online", it was free of charge and I simply tried such a one. The download worked, so I started again to download my most wanted worksheet - another crash of my pc occurred. :-(
Kindest regards to the US,
Gönni

9 Jul 2009