Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > photo    

photo

Rosangella
Brazil

photo

Please,
I am trying change my photo here and I am not getting to do this. Can someone explain me?
I send a new one but this didn �t solve the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Rosangella

11 Jul 2009      

yenn
Mexico

Maybe your picture�s size is too big... have you tried with another picture?

11 Jul 2009     

Rosangella
Brazil

I �ve tried several photos, the upload happens whereas the photo doesn �t enter.

11 Jul 2009     

alien boy
Japan

The other thing you may want to do is �refresh � your browser or log out & then log back in again after uploading the desired pictre.

Cheers,
AB

11 Jul 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Ermm Rosangella, I cannot help you because I am facing the same problem. I changed my avatar and nothing happened. I logged out, refreshed, waited a few days... all the things I was told to do but my avatar stayed the same. The big mystery is that my other computer displays the new photo and the one I am using now still has the old one!

11 Jul 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi all!

the reason why one computer will use the old image & a different computer will show the updated image is because computers usually use temporary data that is kept in the system when accessing the internet. This makes it faster to access websites that have been viewed before but it also means that you may not be viewing the latest version of a website. If you delete your temporary internet files then new data will be used by the computer next time you access a website.

There are different settings that can affect the way your computer uses data from the internet. This is some general info from Wikipedia about Internet Explorer & temporary files.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_Internet_Files

Refreshing a page should but, depending upon your settings, may not always ensure your computer uses the most up to date data.

Cheers,
AB

11 Jul 2009