Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > You cannot attach audio or video files to your Powerpoint presentation file which you upload to this site, can you?    

You cannot attach audio or video files to your Powerpoint presentation file which you upload to this site, can you?

tarokawa2000
Japan

You cannot attach audio or video files to your Powerpoint presentation file which you upload to this site, can you?

Hi everyone,

Now, I downloaded my own creation of Powerpoint presentation with audio which I uploaded to here last night.
And I �ve found out that it doesn �t include the audio file itself.
The audio and video files put to the presentation file stay where they originally are, right?

Is there any good ways to attach those files to upload and share with you?

Taro

13 Jul 2009      

baiba
Latvia

I found for you a tutorial on how to embed video files in ppt. In the same way you can find tips on embedding audio files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yzUxNbi1h4

Good luck!

13 Jul 2009     

jovance
Macedonia

Hi,Tarokava. I made a presentation about the colors of the rainbow and included a song and it can be heard on the presentation. First I downloaded the song on my computer and then I inserted it on the slide ( Insert-Sound-from file ).Hope this helps.
greetings,
Beti.

13 Jul 2009     

tarokawa2000
Japan

Thank you all for giving me your advice.

As far as I �ve learned, when you send or upload your Powerpoint file with audio or video file, it can �t be helped the file leaves the audio and video on your hard disk or where they used be.  That �s Powerpoint �s weak point.
That means you need to send or upload the both.

Taro

13 Jul 2009     

crisholm
Spain

According to my experience, it does not work with �Insert sound... � unless you send the sound file as well.
Where it does work is with �transition � - where you can insert sounds or music from files in your computer - and they stay there.
The trouble is that they must be .wav files; you can �t insert .mp3. Of course there are converters, but the great drawback is that .wav files are too heavy and the powerpoint becomes too large to upload here.
I hope this helps!

13 Jul 2009     

tarokawa2000
Japan

Thank you, crisholm.
It will help a lot.
Taro

14 Jul 2009     

Babs1966
France

Hello ;)

I know this message has been here a long time but since I want to do a power point with a song I wanted to get informed first.

I downloaded Jovance �s PPT about the colors of the rainbow but unfortunatly when I played it, the song didn �t work!

Is there someone able to help me as I don �t want to upload a PPT that won �t work.

Thanks in advence,

Babs

15 May 2010