Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > birthday party songs or games or plays    

birthday party songs or games or plays

samsunmustafa
Turkey

birthday party songs or games or plays

Hello to all dear helpful teachers of this great community.I �m again in need of your creative ideas.In deed when I need something I get pleased since I know that here are lots of helpful colleagues.
    While celebrating your students � birthdays what do you do? Which songs do you use or do you use any games? I �m in need of some idea to make my dear students � birthdays edutaining.While celebrating we wanna make them learn sth as well.If you know any great song or game could you please inform me about the sites I can find them?Thanks a lot in advance.Have a great and sunny day even if it �s rainy in Turkey the whole week.

And another idea from me to Victor.We ,teachers like teaching with games and songs a lot.Can �t we create a cite that we can compile all the songs or only the names of them on a webpage?And we can add our great songs there to share.For inctance when I teach �can-can �t I search a lot but I can �t find any good song.I think we can compile them according to their levels and subjects.As far as I konw there is not a comprehensive site concerning this.Thank you....

14 Jul 2009      

Apodo
Australia

Party Game - Pass the Parcel

Wrap a small gift in many layers of paper. Between each layer have notes such as:
Give this to the tallest person, oldest, youngest, someone wearing glasses, wearing green, blue etc. Someone with a watch, earrings, necklace, long hair, curly hair. Include some such as �person with the nicest smile �

With music playing the parcel is passed round a circle. When the music stops, the person holding the parcel has to unwrap one layer of paper and read the note, then find someone who matches the description.

Start the music again and continue passing the parcel until all the layers are unwrapped and the lucky last person wins the gift.

We had great fun doing this.

14 Jul 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

What a great idea, thanks a lot

14 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

What a great idea, Apodo! I think I may use that for other occasions too. Thanks for sharing.

14 Jul 2009     

ants
Switzerland

That �s a fun game!! SmileWill keep that in mind when I start teaching my big group of kids in September!! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.
Hugs,
Fiona.

14 Jul 2009