Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > FRUITS BASIC LESSON    

FRUITS BASIC LESSON

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

FRUITS BASIC LESSON

HI
I NEED YOUR HELP CAUSE I�M PREPARING A FRUIT LESSON FOR KIDS BETWEEN 2 AND 4 YEARS OLD AND IT�S THEIR FIRST YEAR AT ENGLISH.
CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME IDEAS?
THANKS IN ADVANCED
KISSESBig smile

15 Jul 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

The Wiggles have a song titled Fruit Salad

You could have the kids taste all kinds of fruits.

15 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

I have seen some very cute fruit flash cards on the site, if you just do a search for �fruit �.

Your kids are little though and at a �hands on � age. Would it be practical to take real fruit in? Do you have access to some plastic fruit? Fruit story characters are great if you can draw : )

15 Jul 2009     

Sweetlysuze
Japan

FRUIT BASKET

Fruit basket is a saviour in all beginners classes. 

Decide on the fruit you want to teach (using words similar to the ss own language makes this game run smoothly)
[assuming you have already introduced and drilled the fruits for the lesson, here are the rules of the game]:
1st  - give a  fruit card to each student (depending on the size of your class make sure 2 or 3 ss have the same card)
2nd - all students sit in a circle on thier chairs
3rd - You stand in the middle and call out a fruit
4th - the students with that card must change seats
5th - you must try to sit down when the ss are running to find a space
6th - The ss left standing must call out another fruit name
7th - if the student in the middle calls out "fruit basket" ALL students have to change places

HOT CORNERS

1st - put a different fruit in each corner
2nd - play music and whilst the music is playing students must run/walk or dance to a corner of their choice
3rd - stop the music
4th - draw out a fruit card (from the game cards you made for fruit basket)
5th - the fruit on that card WINS therefore the ss standing at that fruit plays again and the ss in the other corners have to sit down

[variation - you can change the rules to when a fruit is drawn from the deck of cards the students in that corner have to sit down]

There are soooo many more game that work with fruit, but these should get you started.

I hope they work for you.  Have fun!!!

Suzie

15 Jul 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

Very young children love doing things, so it �s a good idea to introduce new vocabulary with real fruits and songs,  and then make a fruit salad and eat it in the classroom. You can also revise numbers and colours using realia.
Good luckThumbs Up

15 Jul 2009