Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > could you help me to find some articles from this year about jobs and occupations?     

could you help me to find some articles from this year about jobs and occupations?

lomasbello
Venezuela

could you help me to find some articles from this year about jobs and occupations?

hello dear collegues!
I was wondering if you know some sites, where I can find recent articles related to jobs and occupations. this is for a reading activity to practice the  following structure What do you do ? and I am a_______  It would be great if at least one of the structures appear through the reading.....
Thanks in advanced ......

18 Jul 2009      

Apodo
Australia

I couldn �t find exactly what you want, but this site has some material you could work with.

I don �t know what level your students are.

18 Jul 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Thanks a lot. They study at the University.

18 Jul 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi lomasbello

You can also try a job guide.  Use as an outline and ask the students to create a scenario using the given information.  I like this job guide: http://www.jobguide.thegoodguides.com.au/occupation/search

A job centre may have some relevant brochures.

Other than that you can ask your students to look for relevant newspaper and magazine articles.

Cheers

Jayho

P.S.  Breaking News English had a fantastic item on the best job in the world. http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/0903/090305-jobs.html

19 Jul 2009