Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!Punctuation!!!!    

Help!Punctuation!!!!

allusenka
Israel

Help!Punctuation!!!!

Dear

Dear teachers,

I have a question on punctuation which disturbs me for some time.

I need to organize some information into a bulleted list, but don�t know how to punctuate it.

Here is it.

Being a lady, a woman should follow the following rules:

*Look in a proper way

It means that a lady should wear dresses and look like women who participated in the missionary circle:

The ladies were cool in fragile pastel prints: most of them were heavily powdered but unrouged; the only lipstick in the room was Tangee Natural. Cutex Natural sparkled on their fingernails, but some of the younger ladies wore Roses. They smelled heavenly (p.307).

*Not to have a serious profession

It is proved by the fact that Mrs. Stephanie Crawford�s teased Scout asking her what kind of profession she wanted to choose for herself. According to  Mrs. Crawford�s reaction to Scout�s answers that she wants to be ��nurse or aviator��( p.308 )I can suppose that to have a profession is not decent for a lady.

*Not to attend public places where she can be close to black people

I understood this from the ladies� laughing at  Scout when she admitted  the fact of her going  to the court.

I don�t know what should be at the end of each line, if it should start with the capital letter. As you see, after each point of a list a have an explanation of the point!

So please, HELP!!!!!!!

18 Jul 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Hello! I �ve sent you a pm! Check it...
Anita

18 Jul 2009