Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Advice on computer based placement test    

Advice on computer based placement test

thejewel
Ireland

Advice on computer based placement test

Hi

I�m new to this forum. I�m looking for some advice. I�m an EFL teacher and I have developed a computer based placement test for my language school. I. The test can be accessed by as many users as needs be at the same time. The school has two computer labs so there are plenty of computers to run the test at the same time for each group of new students. The students just logon with their name and student number. There are 60 questions and the test takes 45 minutes. It incorporates listening, grammar, vocabulary and reading. There aren�t writing or oral elements to the test � this will be done later by the teacher. At the end of the test the student�s scores and their levels are stored in a database which is emailed to the test administrator immediately. The students are ranked in order from advanced to beginner so it is very easy to group them. I was just wondering if anyone thinks this system would be worth selling to other language schools. Do you think they would be interested in it? It saves a lot of time. They don�t have to use my test I could import their questions and levels into the online test very easily. I could sell it cheaply since I have the work done and I�ve rented the server. I hope this makes sense.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Julie

20 Jul 2009      

Cyn.
Argentina

Sound interesting! Placement Tests can be such a nightmare!!!! I think many institutes would be interested!You should give it a shot and offer it to some...
Good luck!
Cyn

20 Jul 2009     

thejewel
Ireland

Thanks for the reply. It could be sold over the web so they would be very little set up costs involved. 

20 Jul 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Sounds great!
Best wishes from an Argentine with a little Irish in her blood!

20 Jul 2009