Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > verbs    

verbs

mauro78
Colombia

verbs

Hello, Friends..!!!
I want to ask for help, I have a great group it`s a 2.5 hours everyday class, I`ve worked with them past simple, for a while, but they have a lot of problems with verbs both of them, Regular and Irregular but most Irregular.
Can you please tell some activities or some games in order to practice them so they can memorize them.

Thanks a lot.

21 Jul 2009      

lomasbello
Venezuela

Hi

You can make a bingo, simple paste tense dominoes set or a spelling bee.

21 Jul 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

ESL Printables is packed with great resources on these two verb forms. here are the links. you �ll find some great games as well.

21 Jul 2009     

Kike L.S.
Peru

I usually have them practice a chant whcih goes like this...

A: I told you not to do it, but you did it again (2x)

B: What did I do?

A: You broke it.

B: What did I break?

A: You broke my heart.

You can change the verbs and complements and this chant will also help them realize the question form. I guess this activity can make your two-and-a-half-hour class more enjoyable.

22 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I �ve made a set of word cards with them and we play memory games, but they don �t memorize exact pairs, but pairs like this: go-went, must-had to, break-broke, etc. I have lots of cards and sometimes I play a matching game with them, but mostly memory. It �s alaway difficult, but challenging at first and they memorize a lot. I �ve been using it for 5 years now and it works.

22 Jul 2009